Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i updated the ios on my 3G today from 4.0.something to 4.2.something (fyi It was jailbroken around 2.5 years ago).

I didnt find it useful as my cell got slower so i Restored it t o "Original Factory Settings".

Now my phone requires a SIM to activate it, but my usual sim isnt being accepted as it is invalid.

The IMEI: 01 171200 00166 0

And the ICCID is Unknown.

I think i bricked my iPhone 3G. Any suggestions or tips to get out of this mess!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Dude you need a new phone. The 3G can't keep up with all these updates. My iPad 1 is all fucked up because of updates. Then if you decide not to update, some of your apps won't work. 3G is like a dinosaur. It' should not be that way but is. Bite the bullet luckeff. Get a iPhone 4 at least.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You probably need to jailbreak it again with new software; Apple blocks the older jailbreaks with its updates. I had the same problem switching to the 5.0, but I agree it might be time for a new phone.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
time for a 4s, I think the Apple unlocked ones are available this week at their stores.

·
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys i got a new iPhone 4. The 4s available here is around $1400.

I got a $500 iPhone 4 instead.

The thing is i had firmware 4.2.1 i guess and i restored it to original factory settings. I have no idea of the firmware now.

I was gonna give this phone to my little cousin, he was bugging me. Now im stuck with bricked phone.

Any idea what to do? Where to start from?

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Where did you buy your 3G from?

The $1400 price is because you didn't search well

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
It's only bricked if you can't turn it on. If it goes to the Apple logo, you can put the phone in DFU mode and restore from whatever firmware you choose using iTunes or a jailbreaking program (like redsn0w), as long as it's newer than or equal to what's on there.

If the phone turns all the way on, you can go to settings and then find the firmware version under the "about" section.

·
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where did you buy your 3G from?

The $1400 price is because you didn't search well
I got the 3G on the second day of release in US. I was there for vacations and got like 6 sets :D

Sold it at more than twice the cost!

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I believe you need an AT&T sim to activate

Then jailbreak and unlock

·
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I believe you need an AT&T sim to activate

Then jailbreak and unlock
Well no AT&T sim for me =(

I researched and learned that phonebook sims have universel ICCID. So they can be used to activate a phone.

Now where do i get that sim?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts