Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
R35 member
226 Posts
If this is the new NSX, will need to see other angles before rendering judgment re: aesthetics. Not a fan so far....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Acura needs to learn to fail fast with their designs. If no one likes the beak, don't put it on everything, and definitely don't push it on the next NSX successor.

It's not working Acura, take another shot at design. You have designed some excellent vehicles in the past.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Acura needs to learn to fail fast with their designs. If no one likes the beak, don't put it on everything, and definitely don't push it on the next NSX successor.

It's not working Acura, take another shot at design. You have designed some excellent vehicles in the past.
+1.

·
Registered
705 Posts

+2

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
you can see a little bit of the HSV in there but the rest is pure fail!

·
Registered
690 Posts
That silver bar across the front reminds me of the Chevy SSR. It does look properly low, though. Top half of the rear is nice; looks like a mix between an Aston and the SLS. The way they've designed the vertically stacked exhausts seems off somehow. If it has the HSV motor, this will sound sensational in the theater.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Back is not too bad. Front is a cross between the TL and Mazda 3? Doesn't look like mid engine... As it stand, cannot compete with the R8.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
The site has been updated to include a quote from Acura:

The open-top sports car that was photographed yesterday is a one-off, fictional car that was made just for the movie and will not be produced.

·
Stop the persecution of Falun Gong
224 Posts
Not a fan.

·
Stop the persecution of Falun Gong
224 Posts
Actually I just realized something as it doesn't make sense that they would make a car that is just a fantasy car when they would have the opportunity to advertise an awesome new ride in a big movie.

This car was probably designed to test the waters and see what kind of feedback they got about it.

Everyone is saying that it looks ugly so they are probably saying, "Ok, this thing is never going to go to production, we'll call it a one-shot concept that is not going to be produced. Let's go make a new NSX."

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Am I the only one to like it?

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
i like it a little bit. but this is NOT the next NSX. in fact the NSX we thought was going to be this awesome supercar was scrapped and it will now be an awesome sportscar when it ever surfaces... it will not be this car show, but it may take some cues from it, like the exhaust exits.

i think the whole acura/honda designer needs to be changed, BIG TIME! they have had nothing but ugly cars recently, i dont know what happened. wtf happened with the honda SI too? just a crappy car, they cant even make a mugan version good at all.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
yuck, a TL looking front end, that's all they can come up with for a movie car?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
The lines aren't that bad, if they had real headlights and lost the silver beak/stripe up front

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.