Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a deal worked on a 13 premium with 20k and two owners, clean history, bone stock down to 71k.
I'm a little worried about the blue for resale.
I really wanted SS, but this seems like a good deal. Being somewhat of a buyers market, is this a good deal?

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

· Founder/Admin
26,011 Posts
I know this sounds like a dumb answer but its not bad for resale for a person who wants blue.

to elaborate on that colors like blue and red are more polarizing than shades of silver or black or white but it is all about finding the right person. that is true with any car and with any other variable. you might have a blue car a person wants but then that same person doesn't want a modded car or something else you had done to it..so it will play a factor but probably more or less than other things that come to surface when reselling such as miles condition location ect.

so my advice is dont not buy it because of that. if it were a non factory orange or pink or lime green then maybe but not a OEM color

· R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,486 Posts
Based on what I've seen them go for used, there hasn't been any discount for blue. It is a really great blue - not has hard to swallow as something like that M4 light blue.
+1 on the m4 light blue smh!!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
352 Posts
I had a super silver and wanted a deep blue pearl one. When I sold my CBA SS I was searching for a DBA blue, then decided to go with a completely different car (which does happen to be blue actually).

In short it really depends on the person. It's like saying should I date a blonde or brunette, what will the next guy to fuck her like better. Who cares about the next person, do what you prefer.

· Registered
1,932 Posts
If you like the color then get it. If it doesn't move you, find a different one - it's a lot of money to spend and not get the perfect car for you, even if you save a little bit by compromising. Personally, I would have no other color than Deep Blue Pearl. Considering I was dead set on Gun Metallic Gray, the DBA refresh with the addition of the Deep Blue Pearl was a game changer for me, and I don't regret it one bit!

· Registered
1,932 Posts
I love the blue!
Yeah, most people have their top preference, but I've never heard anyone say they didn't like it. Especially if they ever caught one in direct sunlight - it's two different colors during daylight and evening!

I'm sure someone will now chime in to say they hate it ;)

· Registered
3,995 Posts
13 Premium for 71 is a pretty good deal. Depending on in service date, the warranty may remain in effect. 20 K miles is not too bat either.
My wife hates blue, but I like it. I think black, white and SSilver are most popular. Blue is more popular than red.

· Registered
2,018 Posts
tbh i would think that blue would demand a premium over other colours due to the lack of available cars... That being said, my favorite colour for the gtr is blue so i may be a little biased, but then again so would the right buyer looking for a blue car.

· Make soap.
304 Posts
Blue was my first choice but got a good deal on a gmg. Blue is a great color

· Make soap.
304 Posts
Double post

· R35 member
3,070 Posts
Blue is beautiful in the sunlight. Its also the fastest color so theres that. By far my favorite along with the GMG. This is the first and only blue car Ive ever owned and when I first laid eyes on it, backed up in its parking spot with the front wheels slightly cocked, it just took my breath away. That image is burned into my mind.

Joe

· Registered
7,120 Posts
tbh i would think that blue would demand a premium over other colours due to the lack of available cars... That being said, my favorite colour for the gtr is blue so i may be a little biased, but then again so would the right buyer looking for a blue car.
I may be bias as well, but I have to agree.

When I was hunting for my own blue GTR. There were only 5 used in the country advertised for sale under 85K dollars. There were nearly 10 times that many in every other color. I do believe blue also has the smallest number of cars produced outside of the new Regal Red, and Midnight Opal, and quite a few have been wrecked already (Thanks Universal Studios)

· Registered
2,018 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.