Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock ECU 2011 with Cobb SF intake (2.75") and AAM mid pipe. Any thoughts if the ECU is able to adjust adequately to prevent lean conditions? I don't have a Cobb AP installed yet so data logs are not possible.

Just want to make sure my engine will run healthy under wot until I get my tune.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I have a stock ECU 2011 with Cobb SF intake (2.75") and AAM mid pipe. Any thoughts if the ECU is able to adjust adequately to prevent lean conditions? I don't have a Cobb AP installed yet so data logs are not possible.

Just want to make sure my engine will run healthy under wot until I get my tune.
You should be fine, the factory computer can apply correction. If its running rich or lean it will throw a check engine light, if the fuel trims are not in spec.

18,309 Posts
I've never seen those mods throw a stock ECU off enough to damage anything. The stock computer has some leeway in its programming to account for variations so you shouldn't have any issues. You could squeeze some more power out of a tune, but in terms of safety you're fine.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replies. I am going for a tune and have my Cobb AP installed soon. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to hurt anything in the meantime. (not that I had any signs or inclination it would).

After I get my leakdown, compression, and oil analyses tests done I'm jumping on the bandwagon and installing the Cobb AP with a tune!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.