Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an extended warranty. I am curious about the POS. Is it a part of the warranty and if so is it covered under the extended warranty? Also, there are requirements on the 2009s at least to have the car looked at within 1800 miles of going to the race track. Well, I never got charged for that while under warranty but don't think I have done it since it expired, or if I have I was not charged. Can my extended warranty be voided for not doing that inspection? I change all my fluids frequently enough it should not matter.

Also is the POS an requirement? If so what are the implications for not doing it?

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
The POS's aren't part of a warranty, because there is no replacement parts (nothing to repair/replace because of faulty equipment). It is a complementary service, and I don't believe it is part of an extended warranty. We get the first 4: 1000mi, 1yr, 2yr, 3yr, (or appropriate mileage). After that, it is a fee-based serviced.

I'm going to continue to do mine, because of the powertrain warranty implications. I don't think the two are related, though, it is not maintenance upkeep, because it is defined as PERFORMANCE Optimization Service, as opposed to MAINTENANCE Service. So I don't believe it is a maintenance item, but I'm sure it could be construed as due diligence for routine maintenance, should a warranty issue come up.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Thanks, so it is not required then...?
You're not going to see me write that it is not required, because I'm doing it myself - out of fear that if something comes up, they can simply glance at my records and get an impression that I've taken care of / or NOT taken care of my car to best of my ability.

So my words would be - it may NOT be required to maintain a warranty, but recommended if you want to minimize issues with an extended warranty.

Is any insurance required?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts