Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Then reason I'm asking is because I'm thinking of doing a build. 1000HP more for street driven, Maybe an Alpha 10 or something along those line. I just don't want the car that will be more in the shop then driving. Will take an good advice.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The link to the thread below discusses this somewhat. In general the answer is YES. One of the biggest factors in this is the shop you choose to do the work. Additionally with the recent success of these newer stock manifold turbo upgrades you may not need to go with an A10 or similar setup unless you are not using E85. Will be a lot more veterans that will chime in soon enuff.

Once you figure out if you want to move forward figure out if you would like a local shop in your state to do the work or if you are willing to ship the car. From there you want to get as much member feedback on the shop as possible to be sure you have went with the best option within your budget.

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/158706-fbo-pump-to-alpha-9/

·
Registered
212 Posts
The short answer is an emphatic yes. Two major factors are who does the build/tuning and how you are going to use the car...

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Absolutely it can be reliable. But you need to keep an eye on things by logging periodically. Injector duty cycles, knock, fuel trims etc... Say for example you have an intercooler that leaks like a sieve because some moron didn't pressure test properly. That will shorten the longevity of your turbos. These are the things you have to keep an eye on.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Who do you guys suggest for the build and kit?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Who do you guys suggest for the build and kit?
From what I have seen recently it seems the new Boost Logic or TSM stock manifold turbos would do nicely with a standard built 3.8 bottom end, stock heads and a Shep 1k tranny. Boost logic's turbos have made an 8 second pass and TSM's turbos I am sure are capable but have not seen anything posted. All other supporting mods can be figured out with the builder you choose. Again, this is all based on E85. If you are looking for 1000whp on 93 the cost of the build goes up substantially.

Edit.....so many good shops to choose from so I will start in your home state. Seems like IP Alpha is in Tampa so I would check them out since there is nothing better than being local to a shop doing a 60k build. I would also say check out Doug at Fabshop and Bill at Spray It Racing. They both are in FL but not sure what part. Out of state I would probably say TSM in GA and Boost Logic/T1 in TX. So many others but just threw out those that are in the South/South West.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
1000whp is 100% reliable and safe anything under 1400whp is reliable and safe on a 3.8l and cost efficient too
You'll be happy with a true mustang Dyno number 1000whp
There are a lot of great options other then alpha 10 and can accomplish same results for less money
Pm sent and will be happy to answer any and all questions
Lawrence

·
Registered
803 Posts
Then reason I'm asking is because I'm thinking of doing a build. 1000HP more for street driven, Maybe an Alpha 10 or something along those line. I just don't want the car that will be more in the shop then driving. Will take an good advice.
Very much so. When are GTR was trapping 151 full weight. We would drive it every day. Seven days a week. Close friends would drive it. One of our friends took it from Tampa to Orlando to Miami to Orlando and back to Tampa. We would race our own shadow in it lol In short. 1000whp with the proper supporting mods is very reliable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.