Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who just went FBO with a Cobb access port, e85, AMS catless down pipes, chatted Cobb mid pipe, Cobb air intake, 1300 injectors, flex fuel kit and a custom dunno tune via the Cobb.

Now, when he's going hard, his boost meter on his gauge cluster start blinking very fast, think he's running 17.5 lbs of boost and 625hp & 630tq on his high setting, (dynojet readings) but even at his 525/525 setting his boost meter blinks really fast when he's running through the gears. I am worried it's a warning from the turbos that they might blow, stock turbos.

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
645 Posts
Knock warning... Talk to the tuner..

Sent from my SM-G900F using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
630 Posts
Gotta talk to whomever made the custom dunno tune.

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
As others have said, he's knocking. Get it looked at.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Data log the car running through the gears and send them to your tuner to revise your map. Make sure you don't continue to drive the car in boost until you get a new map. Will be an expensive repair if you keep driving that way.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you guys think it's knock? Kinda odd for an E85 car isn't it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car only has 3000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Better to be safe than sorry, I wouldn't drive around like that if it were my car.

·
Godzilla Lives
1,048 Posts
Mine is doing the same. I got it etuned by jack and it's acting up. Doesn't run well and sputters and dies out. I'm not driving it anymore until I get it resolved.

·
Registered
630 Posts
So you guys think it's knock? Kinda odd for an E85 car isn't it?

You also mentioned its FlexFuel. So it can knock.

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
E85 will still knock. Why would you think it wouldn't ? What is % content ?

Means you have too much timing in your tune. Who tuned it? Post a log here and I'm sure someone will have a look.

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,212 Posts
You're so sweet worrying about "your friends" GTR. Tell you what, since we know it's about your car, we'll help you out.

FBO set up seems short of fuel pumps. Have them install a set of Denso, ASNU, Deutch Works drop in pumps and retune that sucker.

This thread should also be moved to the ENGINE section. Not build page.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're so sweet worrying about "your friends" GTR. Tell you what, since we know it's about your car, we'll help you out.

FBO set up seems short of fuel pumps. Have them install a set of Denso, ASNU, Deutch Works drop in pumps and retune that sucker.

This thread should also be moved to the ENGINE section. Not build page.
Normally I'd say "I wish" because the car is a beast.. But after hearing your guys thoughts on the blinking boost light, I'll pass on this one. Lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
E85 will still knock. Why would you think it wouldn't ? What is % content ?

Means you have too much timing in your tune. Who tuned it? Post a log here and I'm sure someone will have a look.
80%, car is already back at tuner.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Since nobody clarified, the boost guage flashing is an added TUNE feature to show that knock was identified. Stock cars do not do that. So like other's have said, have the tuner check it out. You don't want to blow the engine. Would be kinda expensive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts