Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is AFTER Nissan just replaced my bellhousing. They assured me that this is perfectly normal, even though it is twice as loud as it was before the housing was replaced. Is this really normal?

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Sounds normal to me....

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket exhaust? Mine made that noise after the Legamax. If so, it's more than likely it's knocking somewhere a bit when they put it back in from replacing the bell housing. My '10 stock wasn't that loud.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mine doesn't make that noise either. It almost sounds similar to the exhaust on a Harley Davidson at idle....probably just need to tighten up your exhaust like the others said.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
^ Your car makes that loud knocking sound at idle?
maybe not that loud but it certainly isn't quiet....I've also never gotten on my hands and knees and put a camera under the car to capture the noise....I also don't have an aftermarket exhaust....it certainly isn't the bellhousing if they replaced it and it still sounds the same.....I would start looking at the exhaust as others have said....

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'd like to hear it in person. I'll be gone this weekend, but the following I'll be around. My 2011 doesn't sound that loud.

Mark

1 - 19 of 19 Posts