Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Isle of Man TT trip 2012

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Anders_R35 
#1 ·
I've come to the Isle of Man to visit family and watch a couple of TT races (for those who've not heard of TT races, have a Google). I had a few laps over the mountain circuit which is now one way with no speed limit all week
. Waiting for a video of to upload to Youtube, I'll post a link later.

Some of the bikes have been amazed at the speed of the GTR and it's cornering ability and lost count of the number of people taking pictures/videos of it.

So I thought I'd take a few of my own.

Caught the ferry along with a few bikes

These were taken at Maughold head about a mile from my parents house.

My crouching position looks safe from this angle

View to my rear

Port Moar beach, spent many an hour fishing of the rocks here as a kid

See less See more
#2 ·
Youtube vid

#6 ·
#8 ·
Beautiful location

#11 ·
Most of the riders from Moto GP think the TT riders are nuts...probably right. This chap had a near moment last year, although the camera man decided to pull up as he thought he'd crashed Dan Kneen regained control and carried on with the race.

#15 ·
Thank you for sharing pictures and taking me for a ride in your GT-R. Beautiful scenery. I love open space and smooth curvy roads.
BTW, I watch TT races every year and I am fascinated with speed and skills of riders. Thank you again.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for the comments. The TT is an amazing event and the coverage is now excellent on TV, they have a nightly 1 hour show on ITV4.

If you want to watch the coverage, you could subscribe to ITV service for one month for about $10.

http://www.viewtvabr...yer-abroad.html

But do it quickly, the shows are starting to drop of their hard disk!

For any Scoob enthusiasts (I'm still one) here's a vid and photo of a Subaru BRZ going over Ballaugh Bridge

Anders

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.