Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these type of thread pops up from time to time, but I have read a few and did not really answer my question, please bear with me.

So my time for smog is due, from what I have read, the new smog procedure (star) only do visual and functional (obd2 port scan) test now, is it true? I understand some smog station still using old system because they haven't switched over yet, so does anybody know anyplace that definitely use the new system? The reason I ask is, I have a FBO with high flow cat so i am almost certain it won't pass the sniffer since it smells really bad if I open the windows. I can always put the stock mid pipe back on, that's like a 20 min job I can deal with if needed, but I just don't want to put everything back to stock, although the intake is kind of a dead giveaway... anybody know of anybody might wing the visual? Please PM me for any ideas, thank you.

· Registered
5 Posts
My dealership definatly uses the new SMOG 2 test for applicable cars, also your location might help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.