Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
As the topic states we went to the dragstrip for the very first time with the motec system installed.

Best time in the short time we had was [email protected] MPH, this is with a mere 1.65 60ft, the launch still needs to be dialed in as it was the very first time launching it at this power level with the system.

Seems to be solid from a software/hardware standpoint and there was nothing wierd that was experienced.

Would like to thank Motec Australia, Darren, and Glenn at Dodson for getting me the equipment and explaining some of the features as there is not a ton of documentation out there, I got it now!!

Alot more to come.

Sean

·
Tokyo Nightmare
1,773 Posts
Interesting, Features like TCM control etc ?

Price ?

Sent using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It retails at around $7600 USD.

It totally replaces the stock ECM and interfaces with the rest of the vehicle.

I will try to get the motec guys to chime in.

Sean

·
Super Moderator
9,000 Posts
Sean,

What was on the car before?

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It had the Cobb AP.

Sean

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly I am surprised with so much to setup that it already ran that, I will keep at it till it's closer to where I want it, it's the process.

Sean

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well done Sean!

Send some data my way and I'll let you know where you can make improvements!

I'd say people want to get a base line for the speed of the car so they can compare the Motec ECU to something that's well known. Say if you end up going 0.2 faster than when it had Cobb on it and nothing else changed, it semi proves the ECU is capable of improving an already fast car. There are lots of factors though so if you can go considerably faster that will be great

·
Super Moderator
9,000 Posts
I predict that 8.95 for that car not gonna last very long.

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
nice run sean. If Motec can get the 60ft times down to 1.40s .. it will run 8.6s..

Keep at it Darren and Sean

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Sounds promising Sean. I'm sure the anti-lag sounded very impressive. Glad you are trying it out with positive results so quickly. Keep the thread updated.

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Sounds promising Sean. I'm sure the anti-lag sounded very impressive. Glad you are trying it out with positive results so quickly. Keep the thread updated.

Sounds insane... I have Video of it and i just keep watching it bc i love the way it sounds lol

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Sounds insane... I have Video of it and i just keep watching it bc i love the way it sounds lol
Lol SPE sent me videos of the anti-lag on one of the Godzillas that just got completed and I said the same thing. I was in awe of the sound! I'm sure Sean's sounds just as badass!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts