Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well done Sean!

Send some data my way and I'll let you know where you can make improvements!

I'd say people want to get a base line for the speed of the car so they can compare the Motec ECU to something that's well known. Say if you end up going 0.2 faster than when it had Cobb on it and nothing else changed, it semi proves the ECU is capable of improving an already fast car. There are lots of factors though so if you can go considerably faster that will be great
Very true, but some people may see it as a $1500 Cobb is capable of keeping up with a $5000+ ecu.
I'm not hating. Just putting out there is always another way to see it too. I have an M800 in my Supra so I know MoTeC does great stuff.

Keep up the good work guys!

Good Job!

·
Vendor
2,420 Posts
Congrats Sean! Keep up the great work.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
congrants sean..keep up the good work

·
Registered
180 Posts
keep up the good work buddy, I think we will be seeing a lot more MoTeC cars coming out of the woods
very very very soon!!dial that launch in and I see 8.60s..Darren we will be out pretty soon next couple of weeks if all goes well

·
Registered
81 Posts
Very true, but some people may see it as a $1500 Cobb is capable of keeping up with a $5000+ ecu.
I'm not hating. Just putting out there is always another way to see it too. I have an M800 in my Supra so I know MoTeC does great stuff.

Good Job!
I see your point, but when you're at the pointy end of the field a couple of grand is not much to spend to shave off a tenth or two! Plus, the quality of the Motec data logging is worth it alone.

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts

Good Job!
Data aquisition and driveline saving control of torque and the VDC system will make it very worth it in the long run.

Very good alternative and I am sure we will see improvement once it gets dialed in correctly, we are merely testing at this point.

Sean

·
Registered
339 Posts
Data aquisition and driveline saving control of torque and the VDC system will make it very worth it in the long run.

Very good alternative and I am sure we will see improvement once it gets dialed in correctly, we are merely testing at this point.

Sean
Sounds badass.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
MOST H8D
687 Posts
Great results for the 1st time out.. Not many people ( myself Included ) are willing to do the R&D with a such a complicated system on such an expensive car.. As we all know a few little mistakes and it can cost you a 10k clutch or an engine.. Ill be ready for it soon..

·
Registered
180 Posts
AWD motorsports the R and D has been done 1 year ago, MoTeC don't release anything unless its perfect .Dodson motorsport has been using it in there race car(tarmac rally) and has been doing most the testing in real world race conditions for motec I believe ,motec also have there gtr that they tested the hell out of before release ,I also have been testing the motec for around 9 months ago on my own GTR 1000+hp ..The product is perfect you wont do any damage to clutches,engines or anything if you know what you doing , and I know Sean knows what he,s doing

·
Aм labelled as a trouble мAкE&#1
1,522 Posts
Good Job Sean .. looking forward for the video and better ET after dialing it up

·
Registered
81 Posts
AWD motorsports the R and D has been done 1 year ago, MoTeC don't release anything unless its perfect .Dodson motorsport has been using it in there race car(tarmac rally) and has been doing most the testing in real world race conditions for motec I believe ,motec also have there gtr that they tested the hell out of before release ,I also have been testing the motec for around 9 months ago on my own GTR 1000+hp ..The product is perfect you wont do any damage to clutches,engines or anything if you know what you doing , and I know Sean knows what he,s doing
Thanks Mario, I couldn't have said it better myself!
I'm seeing higher and higher power figures but everything keeps working as expected, no surprises! We have found a couple of minor faults that effect drivability in rare cases and these have been fixed as well as lots of new features in the current beta version.
What might be concidered R&D is individual tuners learning how everything in the ECU works. Sean and Mario are well on top of it, and using the version exactly as it was the day it was released earlier this year.

·
MOST H8D
687 Posts
That's what I meant by r&d actually. Sean has taken the time to learn the system and how it operates and affects the car on his own vehicle so when it's time to transition over from Cobb to motec it's seamless and we have little to no issues at all. I know motec doesn't release products like some others and make the end user beta test on their own car and find out the hard way what doesn't work right.

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts

Doing more testing, almost there as far as control.

The track was horrible and it was over 90 deg today and humid, car was down 3 mph from last week.

made 2 8.9 passes, 2 9.1 passes a 17 sec and 15 sec pass testing some stuff :)

Sean

21 - 40 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.