Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Ivey technologies, MOTEC M1 9.0@165 In Initial testing

8K views 63 replies 29 participants last post by  Se7enGTR 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
As the topic states we went to the dragstrip for the very first time with the motec system installed.

Best time in the short time we had was 9.0@165 MPH, this is with a mere 1.65 60ft, the launch still needs to be dialed in as it was the very first time launching it at this power level with the system.

Seems to be solid from a software/hardware standpoint and there was nothing wierd that was experienced.

Would like to thank Motec Australia, Darren, and Glenn at Dodson for getting me the equipment and explaining some of the features as there is not a ton of documentation out there, I got it now!!

Alot more to come.

Sean

#3 ·
It retails at around $7600 USD.

It totally replaces the stock ECM and interfaces with the rest of the vehicle.

I will try to get the motec guys to chime in.

Sean

#9 ·
Honestly I am surprised with so much to setup that it already ran that, I will keep at it till it's closer to where I want it, it's the process.

Sean

#10 ·
Well done Sean!

Send some data my way and I'll let you know where you can make improvements!

I'd say people want to get a base line for the speed of the car so they can compare the Motec ECU to something that's well known. Say if you end up going 0.2 faster than when it had Cobb on it and nothing else changed, it semi proves the ECU is capable of improving an already fast car. There are lots of factors though so if you can go considerably faster that will be great

#24 ·
Very true, but some people may see it as a $1500 Cobb is capable of keeping up with a $5000+ ecu.
I'm not hating. Just putting out there is always another way to see it too. I have an M800 in my Supra so I know MoTeC does great stuff.

Keep up the good work guys!

Good Job!

#25 ·
Congrats Sean! Keep up the great work.

#34 ·
Great results for the 1st time out.. Not many people ( myself Included ) are willing to do the R&D with a such a complicated system on such an expensive car.. As we all know a few little mistakes and it can cost you a 10k clutch or an engine.. Ill be ready for it soon..

#35 ·
AWD motorsports the R and D has been done 1 year ago, MoTeC don't release anything unless its perfect .Dodson motorsport has been using it in there race car(tarmac rally) and has been doing most the testing in real world race conditions for motec I believe ,motec also have there gtr that they tested the hell out of before release ,I also have been testing the motec for around 9 months ago on my own GTR 1000+hp ..The product is perfect you wont do any damage to clutches,engines or anything if you know what you doing , and I know Sean knows what he,s doing

#38 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks Mario, I couldn't have said it better myself!
I'm seeing higher and higher power figures but everything keeps working as expected, no surprises! We have found a couple of minor faults that effect drivability in rare cases and these have been fixed as well as lots of new features in the current beta version.
What might be concidered R&D is individual tuners learning how everything in the ECU works. Sean and Mario are well on top of it, and using the version exactly as it was the day it was released earlier this year.

#36 ·
Good Job Sean .. looking forward for the video and better ET after dialing it up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.