Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was able to obtain the GT-R sales figures for Japan. Big thanks to Shin and GTR Magazine for the info.

Japan GT-R Sales Figures

8 - October 07
14 - November 07
793 - December 07
604 - January 08
670 - February 08
951 - March 08
695 - April 08
371 - May 08
530 - June 08
532 - July 08
113 - August 08
132 - September 08
144 - October 08
93 - November 08
39 - December 08
48 - January 09
44 - February 09
151 - March 09
32 - April 09
44 - May 09
46 - June 09
59 - July 09
27 - August 09
38 - September 09
24 - October 09
10 - November 09
15 - December 09
34 - January 10
25 - February 10
49 - March 10
26 - April 10
19 - May 10
-----------------------
6,380 Total

·
NAGTROC Photography
2,422 Posts
interesting that N/A has been more consistently right around 100/mo whereas JP had a big opening then it dwindled down to 10 per month or thereabouts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Are the Japanese figures not worryingly low? Hope the car makes enough profit to justify continued development and production...

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Are the Japanese figures not worryingly low? Hope the car makes enough profit to justify continued development and production...
the drop is dramatic! In Japan, they seem to have lost interest in the GTR.

So, over 10,000 GTRs have already been sold in the USA and Japan alone.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I honestly thought the japan numbers would be smaller.

But 10000 units for just Japan and North America of Nissans super halo car mid way through its production cycle is pretty good IMO considering the car arrived during the start of the bad economic times.

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
The sports car market is a fickle one... One day your hott, the next day your not.... People always move to the most new thing... I also think the sports car market is dying overall :(

·
Registered
778 Posts
I love how 6 months in Japan account for 40% of all the cars (hell March 08 is 10% of total production in one onth alone)

·
R35
1,312 Posts
Nice #s from Japan! LOL.
Yet NA is not ready for the SpecV, haha.

What a demonstration of how and why the NA market is so lucrative.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Just for some kind of comparison of "sports" sales.

I was looking for information on how many ZR1's/Z06's sold, and I found this information on 2008 , 2009 Corvette sales. I couldn't find it broken down to ZR1/Z06 only. It just shows 138 ZR1's / 589 Z06 on the ground in Jan 2010.

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2010/01/05/...corvette-sales/

For the calendar year (Jan-Dec 09) 13,934 Corvettes were delivered which is -48.3% off the 26.917 Corvettes delivered in all of 2008.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
I honestly thought the japan numbers would be smaller.
Me too. I had no idea that they'd have almost twice as many over there than here.

Perhaps the price point is different there?

What is the comparison between the 370Z compared to the GT-R in Japan? I think I've seen a base price for the GT-R in Yen, but I have no basis of comparison.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Japan's latest numbers do seem very low! I doubt Nissan makes much if any money on the GTR, my guess is the car is more of a statement/symbol for them. If they wanted to improve the car's marketability in the US, they might have badged it an Infinity, similar to Honda's NSX. But I think they wanted to emphasize the Nissan brand, and get people talking about Nissan more than anything.

·
Registered
737 Posts
You know maybe some of those Japan sales are also other Asian markets too like china, taiwan, korea, india etc.....
I remember hearing some of the other owners saying they imported their car from Japan.

Me too. I had no idea that they'd have almost twice as many over there than here.

Perhaps the price point is different there?

What is the comparison between the 370Z compared to the GT-R in Japan? I think I've seen a base price for the GT-R in Yen, but I have no basis of comparison.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
You know maybe some of those Japan sales are also other Asian markets too like china, taiwan, korea, india etc.....
I remember hearing some of the other owners saying they imported their car from Japan.
True. There have also been GTRs bought in the US imported to other countries as well...

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Japan has twice as many GTRs as NA. That surprises me.
well, like the NSX, Japanese sports cars are more popular in Japan than in the USA.... It's normal.
In Japan, they buy more Skylines GTR than Corvettes! In the USA it is vice versa... It looks like each nation supports its own automotive industry on patriotic grounds or something... In every country they prefer to buy cars that are home-made!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts