·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Dream Crusher
2,818 Posts
Interesting...

It will cost you more than you think to make it California compliant.

You would have to take it to J&K to make it meet US safety standards and on top of that you'd have to pay more to make it meet California emissions. Or you can wait 25 years(2024) to import it and pay the cost to make it it meet California emissions. OR move to Canada when you can legally import it under the 15 year law.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi,

Yes, I know 2 people who have purchased through Japan Partner and the process went smooth. Both cars seemed to turn out alright with no major mechanical issues. You won't be able to legally import an R34. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
http://www.japan-par...r-for-sale.html

i'm interested in this car and wondered if anyone bought a car from Japan Partner before, With crazy prices on the 2016 Nismo GTR thinking about getting a R34 but wonder if it will pass emission in California, I guess I will do more research before I attempt to purchase
That car doesn't belong to them. It's at a dealer called Global Auto, http://www.global-au...e.jp/index.html . This is the actual listing by the dealer, http://www.global-auto.ne.jp/stock/public_stock_detail.php?entry=0333.dat&model=BNR34

You'll find a plethora of the vehicles on the Japan Partner site don't actually belong to them, many exporters do this to show large inventory listings. Perfect example is this GT-R they listed using dealer photos of a GT-R I actually purchased myself and brought over. They never purchased the vehicle but listed it on their website,
Their listing: http://www.japan-par...r-sale.html Â
Our listing: http://rivsuimports....line-r32-gt-r-9

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
I have heard of some smooth transactions and some nightmare stories. I've heard of them taking money and not even following through with anything at all. Google them and you'll find mixed info. It's 110% going to be a risk if you use them. May work, or you may get screwed!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Guys,

I personally do not have first hand experience with them, however I do know someone close to me who had experience. Needless to say, it wasnt pretty. My boss and I are both in korea, and well after i purchased mine from a reputable guy (www.japaneseusedcars.com), he hunted me down for answers. He didnt like going through auction and didnt want to pay a premium for one I guess. So he went through japan-partner. He was promised one black gtr, after which he had made a payment, he was sent a picture of a completely different one altogether. It took nearly 2 months just to resolve the issue. What he did end up getting was a gtr that had issues, check engine light, 4WD light and HICAS. Not to mention that his hood cable was broken, and the battery had no tie down that caused it to move around. So, altough they did make up for their faults, by adding a brembo conversion, had it repainted and all. But it still wasnt what was agreed upon and had more issues than it was worth. I think he ended up paying more than he agreed on. He also had suspension that bottomed out, they did send a replacement set of coils on their dime. So, take it for what its worth. Although, I am just hearing this story from him. My experience is just through him. If you want to know more of my experience just pm me. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Can't stress enough taking a trip to visit the seller in person pays a lot of advantages. Do expect to pay a very high premium. Just make sure you're dealing with a ligit dealer and not someone stationed overseas on an APO/MTL base. There are a lot of non resident dealers who may come-off as reputable and are not, the ligit dealers will have a laundry list of charges when buying from them.

as for faz, at least your guy got the car but out of all people who can make the short trip to Japan why would you not do that ? and go see the car in person ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well,idk.it was his decision.i went through the company I knew was reliable and knew what I was getting into.My boss however,I can't speak on his behalf of whether he did his research or not.can he have gone to Japan,sure.Is it easy being in the military and just going anywhere you please?no..so take that into consideration.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Well,idk.it was his decision.i went through the company I knew was reliable and knew what I was getting into.My boss however,I can't speak on his behalf of whether he did his research or not.can he have gone to Japan,sure.Is it easy being in the military and just going anywhere you please?no..so take that into consideration.
Faz are you in the military? Reason I ask is because there is a Silver R32 around Yongson. I'm looking for a Silver ones myself to match my R35.

Sent from my SM-N910K using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
15 Posts
Faz are you in the military? Reason I ask is because there is a Silver R32 around Yongson. I'm looking for a Silver ones myself to match my R35.

Sent from my SM-N910K using GT-R Life mobile app
Yeah,I'm in the military.youve seen a r32 gtr driving around?mine is white and well the silver one belongs to a warrant who works out of k16.get one out of Japan,it isn't as bad as one might think.just have to really search.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.