Nissan GT-R Forum banner
61 - 80 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
"tie in sales" such as forcing someone to use your service to get warranty is generally illegal in the U.S. as part of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

It specifically prohibits manufactures denying or cancelling warranty based on where service is done.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspub...m#Magnuson-Moss

in order to be allowed a "tie in sale" such as forcing someone to only get the product serviced at your dealership you have to prove to the FTC that you product requires such a measure and can not possibly be serviced by anyone else.
Which is not an easy thing to do. I have personally never heard of a car manufacturer being allowed such an exception.

As long as the service is done correctly there is very little chance Nissan could deny warranty.

Some stealerships may try to get away with this but, in the states it's not legal to deny a claim based on where service was done and even if the work was done incorrectly they can only deny warranty on the specifc parts incorrectly installed or serviced, they can not cancel the warranty as a whole.

·
Registered
333 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,505 Posts
I don't know who or where that pic came from, but that is it! No ifs or buts, that is it. Nissan will be pretty angry to see that pic.
thats not exactly it but i think its 99%. the carbon wont be there and the area where the GT-R badge is has changed. but if you look at the brochure and see those canard bumps they are the same. so looks like the air ducts are indeed gone

this was sent to me by a sup this morning

while this is rendered off of the proto picture. i really think this is it

·
Founder/Admin
26,505 Posts
Obviously it could be very close, however that is still a photoshop. The side mirrors from the Proto give-it-away from a mile's glance.
see my above post.

yeah its a render off the proto image BUT. if you look at the brochure (that has the real pic) you see the little bump and side reflector that exactly match this. so who ever made this render has seen the GT-R since its a flyer from the ZELE store anyway

·
Registered
333 Posts
I recognized it from a few months ago at my dealer's. I was just shocked to see it here without anyone heralding its significance

·
Registered
56 Posts
thats not exactly it but i think its 99%. the carbon wont be there and the area where the GT-R badge is has changed. but if you look at the brochure and see those canard bumps they are the same. so looks like the air ducts are indeed gone
this was sent to me by a sup this morning

while this is rendered off of the proto picture. i really think this is it

Also MC, the projectors are the ones from the Proto, not the test mules's.

·
Registered
333 Posts
see my above post.
yeah its a render off the proto image BUT. if you look at the brochure (that has the real pic) you see the little bump and side reflector that exactly match this. so who ever made this render has seen the GT-R since its a flyer from the ZELE store anyway
On closer look the mirrors aren't correct, but whoever did this is from Nissan. That is an absolute 99.99% copy of the real thing.

·
Founder/Admin
26,505 Posts
Also MC, the projectors are the ones from the Proto, not the test mules's.
yeah of course that too plus the proto spoiler and all. but it think whats significant to take from this image is is the shape of the headlight and the especially the canard like areas instead of the air ducts. look at my red arrow a few posts up in the brochure

·
Registered
56 Posts
yeah of course that too plus the proto spoiler and all. but it think whats significant to take from this image is is the shape of the headlight and the especially the canard like areas instead of the air ducts. look at my red arrow a few posts up in the brochure
Yes, I agree. Still don't know on the canard, though. We'll see. Also, keep in mind that the side reflectors will be necessary for the USDM.

·
Premium Member
12,178 Posts
OK. I've tried to summarize this thread. please add to this list and expand where we can find more information.

Wednesday, 9/26 at 10:30 Japan time is when preorder will officially start. The official preorder brochures will be available to customers on 9/26, at which time the front fascia will be unveiled.

There are three trim levels:
  • Base
  • Black Edition
  • Platinum Edition
There are 6 exterior colors:
  • Super Black
  • Vibrant Red
  • Pearl White (30k yen option)
  • Titanium Grey
  • Dark Metal Grey (according to a magazine, they will only produce 40 cars a month with this color)
  • Ultimate Metal Silver (300k yen option)
There are 2 interior colors:
Black edition only gets black
Base and Platinum can choose black or grey

Wheels and Tires:
Base GT-R comes with unnamed alloys and Dunlop Sport tires
Black and Platinum editions come with Rays wheels and Bridgestone RE070s (run flat).

Other:
The chassis code is R35
Platinum edition comes with a Thatcham class immobiliser and alarm
Platinum edition comes with a Bose sound system
Platinum edition has seat heater
Side airbag system is optional on all 3 trims

Engine and Drivetrain:
The engine designation is VR38 (3.8 Liter )
The engine performance of the 3 trims is the same
There is no Manual transmission option

Pricing:
Base - 7,770,000yen (tax included)
Black edition - 7,927,500yen (tax included)
Platinum edition - 8,347,500yen (tax included)

Optional:
Titanium muffler (10 kg lighter)
Anti-theft immobilizer 250,000 yen

There will be 160 high performance centers throughout Japan specialized in servicing the GT-R with GT-R specific mechanics (written in the preorder material).

·
Founder/Admin
26,505 Posts
you know what guys? we had a clue about the canards a few months ago. remember the goodwill GT-R had that metal side badge with the little canard shape on it? well see its a design accent to go with the canards

·
Founder/Admin
26,505 Posts
OK. I've tried to summarize this thread. please add to this list and expand where we can find more information.

Wednesday, 9/26 at 10:30 Japan time is when preorder will officially start. The official preorder brochures will be available to customers on 9/26, at which time the front fascia will be unveiled.

There are three trim levels:
  • Base
  • Black Edition
  • Platinum Edition
There are 6 exterior colors:
  • Black
  • Red
  • Pearl White (30k yen option)
  • Titanium Grey
  • Dark Metal Grey (according to a magazine, they will only produce 40 cars a month with this color)
  • Ultimate Metal Silver (300k yen option)
There are 2 interior colors:
Black edition only gets black
Base and Platinum can choose black or grey

Wheels and Tires:
Base GT-R comes with unnamed alloys and Dunlop Sport tires
Black and Platinum editions come with Rays wheels and Bridgestone RE070s (run flat).

Other:
The chassis code is R35
Platinum edition comes with a Thatcham class immobiliser and alarm
Platinum edition comes with a Bose sound system
Platinum edition has seat heater
Side airbag system is optional on all 3 trims

Engine and Drivetrain:
The engine designation is VR38 (3.8 Liter )
The engine performance of the 3 trims is the same
There is no Manual transmission option

Pricing:
Base - 7,770,000yen (tax included)
Black edition - 7,927,500yen (tax included)
Platinum edition - 8,347,500yen (tax included)

Optional:
Titanium muffler (10 kg lighter)
Anti-theft immobilizer 250,000 yen

There will be 160 high performance centers throughout Japan specialized in servicing the GT-R with GT-R specific mechanics (written in the preorder material).
sounds about right josh, the only thing i will add is

here are the prices without tax

“Base” 66,675 alloy wheels

“black” -$68,580 forged wheels ( black leather only)

“Premium” 71,870 Bose . alarm. Side air bags forged wheels

also the ZELE flyer referred to it as a V36 not R35 and they were correct with the design.

61 - 80 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.