Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

im riding JDM spec GTR R35 with Pedestrian Safety System.

recently banged a cone and trigger the front hood to pop up, had replaced the LH and RH side pedestrian safety assy but the warning light still stay on even i erase it with my Cobb Nis-006.

Does this Pedestrian Safety System control by ECU? if yes, please let me know where it is located. i guess need to replace it.

its annoying to see the warning light stays ON in the dashmeter

thanks

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
From what I know, because this special system is only on JDM and EUDM vehicles, the light reqiures a special reset from the dealer once the equipment is replaced.

Shawn

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I know, because this special system is only on JDM and EUDM vehicles, the light reqiures a special reset from the dealer once the equipment is replaced.

Shawn
i talked to local cobb dealer and understood cobb can erase it....ecutek also got that function too for pedestrian safety system...

thats y gotta know if its equipped with it own ecu

·
Registered
106 Posts
Should be able to reset it with cobb, I've reset mine a number of times as my trickle charger can sometimes set the light off. (pedestrian system is standard fitment in Europe) can I just ask why you went to the expense of replacing the system? If it's not a legal requirement in the states I would have removed the litters, and placed an appropriate resistor on the loom to fool the warning light, many guys this side of the pond have done this to their 'track cars'!!!! So they don't encounter the cost from minor tips

·
Super Moderator
3,445 Posts
I don't think the cobb erases it. You may need the consult to do it. In future there are three sensors in the front bumper that you can disconnect so that the pistons don't trigger.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
i talked to local cobb dealer and understood cobb can erase it....ecutek also got that function too for pedestrian safety system...

thats y gotta know if its equipped with it own ecu
Yes EcuTek can erase that.

EcuTek has a lot of the consult stuff in it ;0

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes EcuTek can erase that.

EcuTek has a lot of the consult stuff in it ;0
hi bro,

does the pedestrian safety system got it own control unit? as some told me it is fully rely on the 3 sensors and 2 airbag(dunno what it called) located at bonnet hinge.

that y very confuse

·
Registered
3 Posts
The 2020 Nissan GT-R will be available with a new pedestrian injury mitigation system, which includes forward-facing and side-facing cameras to detect potential impact. If the GT-R detects that collision is imminent, it will first apply the brakes. If those are ineffective in slowing down or stopping the car, the system can also apply the vehicle's automatic braking function.
It works similar to Nissan's "Pre-Crash" system first introduced on the Maxima in 2012. When used at speeds below 40 mph, both systems can bring a car to a complete stop under certain conditions. The GT-R system also includes an active suspension for additional safety benefits when the brakes aren't enough. The active suspension can raise the vehicle's body height to help reduce impact with vehicles and objects at low speeds, which can prevent pedestrians being struck by a vehicle that appears to have cleared them in time.
That system will be available on the 2020 GT-R when it arrives next year as part of an optional safety package. It is optional because it will only be available in certain markets where pedestrian safety laws require automakers to implement systems like this at JDM sports classics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts