Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I originally went to pick up a 2013 Porsche 911 4 for $73,900 with 11,500 miles and that quickly changed when I saw and test drove this ridiculous car. With that said, the 911 will always be my dream car but ending my 20's with a GTR just felt right. So I ended up taking home this beauty 2014 GTR with 5k miles for the same price $73,900 (clean). I think it was a good price, but you all probably know better. I have never known much about GTR's always being a German car guy but the price felt right and the car felt right. No Regrets and a Huge smile on my face driving it home to Chicago from Indianapolis.

With all this said, I really dislike the rear spoiler. I am a simple guy and I think I would prefer the a more clean look. If anyone in Chicago wants to become friends and is handy to help me remove it, I would be very appreciative.

Also, I would like to get a new set up for rims and tires. Being in Chicago, obviously I have to plan for the winter. Any suggestions?

Last, I do intend on getting a midpipe.

Picture below after driving her home. (sorry she is a little dirty, 3 hours on a rainy highway.)

Best,

Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
Well if you plan on driving fast regularly I would keep the rear spoiler. It's highly functional and tested superior out of about 200 styles nissan tried over the year(besides the nismo wing. If you plan on racing at a drag strip then you can remove it but for tracking or added downforce I would leave the wing on or find another you like. Safety first! Once you remove it once it will be easy to take it off for a cleaner look whenever you want to just pimp it around town. Haha

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
There's always the duckbill style trunk lids. They'll give you some downforce. Something is better than nothing

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys are freaking awesome!!!! I love this forum already! DuckBill Style Trunk is a perfect suggestion. Thank you Lambo Joe.

·
Forza Felipe
1,716 Posts
congrats on the new purchase and welcome, enjoy it in good health brother.

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the family! We've installed quite a few of the AMS carbon fiber duckbill trunks and have loved them! Give us a call for more pricing info

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Nice welcome great buy l just went too see mines at the dealer today it finally arrived driving it home on friday cant wait

just living the dream

1 - 11 of 11 Posts