Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It looks good but it's too big I think. Looks like the ground clearence is higher now, am I correct?
Not sure about the ground clearance. I live 2.5 hours from Dallas and have not seen the car in person yet.
D3

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I like the rear side LED lights. I'm in the area, we should have a GT-R (coffee and cars type) meet. Are you planning any performance mods on your car?
Kenny is doing a list of performance mods but to be honest I could not detail them for you. The ones I know are as follows
Cobb ECU upgrade
HKS exhaust
The pictures of whatever those deals are Kenny put under the hood
and some other things.

I am one of those weird guys that loves fast cars but doesnt know shit about what is under the hood. I trust Kenny tremendously and have told him I want this to be the fastest GTR around....can't wait until the work is completed and we can run another dyno and take her to the track.

Kenny,
If you read this post please, and you think it is a good idea, list the mods you are doing to the car.
D3

·
Registered
105 Posts
under the hood:

Greddy BOV's
polished upper plenum
polished charge pipes
custom painted engine cover silver/ black
custom polished overflow tank

Soon to be added... HKS exhaust, Cobb ECU tune, cat delete pipes, etc.

No worries d3, I got your back, bro.

·
Red Rocket
545 Posts
Well I'm not a GTR owner yet, but I did make it up to Jotech yestarday and met Kenny and got to see this beauty in person. The wheels, wouldn't be my first choice, but they do look great in person. Everything about this car looked great. They've added some LED's to the interior as well as the rear side markers that look great. All the mods under the hood look amazing as well. It was great to meet Kenny, he's a great guy and from the looks of his Supra and this GTR he does great work. If/when I get a GTR I'll be taking it to Jotech for mods. See you guys at HIN

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well I'm not a GTR owner yet, but I did make it up to Jotech yestarday and met Kenny and got to see this beauty in person. The wheels, wouldn't be my first choice, but they do look great in person. Everything about this car looked great. They've added some LED's to the interior as well as the rear side markers that look great. All the mods under the hood look amazing as well. It was great to meet Kenny, he's a great guy and from the looks of his Supra and this GTR he does great work. If/when I get a GTR I'll be taking it to Jotech for mods. See you guys at HIN
Thanks for the post. My brother in law dropped my AMG off with Kenny yesterday and said the pictures do not do the car justice and it looks much better in person. From experience, I can tell you that you are making a great choice in taking your GTR (when you get it) to Kenny. He is extremely professional, knowledgeable, polite and does some absolutely amazing work. I like the fact that when your car goes into his shop, it becomes a priority. He doesn't let it sit around and become the empty flower pot in the garage. He gets on the phones, wheels and deals for the best parts, gets them delivered fast and gets them on your car. I am not one to give praise unless it is deserved. Like many of us on this boards, I am a business owner and sometimes this makes me a little demanding. I expect quality work at a fair price, or I will never return as a customer. Jotech has not only earned my future business; they have also earned my praise. Unfortunately, I have had some really bad experiences in the past with various cars at different shops. From modding Mustangs to Maseratis, I have rarely found a shop that really takes care of business. I have had cars sit on blocks for months while shop owners let them collect dust. I sure many of you have dealt with similar horror stories. Well, I am here to tell you - This is not the case with Jotech Motorsports! In this day and age, it is nice to have somebody that handles business the way it should be handled. Let me put my experience with Kenny and Jotech Motorsports like this - Before purchasing any sports vehicle in the future I will ask Kenny if he feel comfortable doing the mods. If he doesn't feel comfortable, I will switch my choice to something that he does feel comfortable working on.
Sincerely,
D3

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Nicely done. Don't listen to the naysayers on the 22s. They look just fine on the car. Although, you will find a slight drop in ride height, say about 1" - 1.5" will do wonders for the appearance. If you drop the car, because you are on 22s, you will need to roll the front fenders and you will need to cut a 45 degree angle off the back of the side marker light bracket and move the bolt at the rear of that bracket forward about an inch.

I am doing similar with my car with 22's for daily street use, stock wheels for weekend canyon runs/track use. Because my car is dropped, the 22s do a great job of lifting it back up just slightly for ease of daily driving, entry/exit into parking lots, clearing speed bumps etc.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
were not nay sayers. we just have an opinion and everyone has them. to me the gt-r is not urban, its a race car. it deserves racing wheels imho. maybe i just like the agressive look. i dont like your rim decssion because i wouldnt use those to race in. its a wheel for a show car tho.

there is a demand and an audiance for those types of wheels... some like them. i just dont think they belong. thats just my opinion. its not a fact.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
were not nay sayers. we just have an opinion and everyone has them. to me the gt-r is not urban, its a race car. it deserves racing wheels imho. maybe i just like the agressive look. i dont like your rim decssion because i wouldnt use those to race in. its a wheel for a show car tho.

there is a demand and an audiance for those types of wheels... some like them. i just dont think they belong. thats just my opinion. its not a fact.
It wasn't me making the statment, although I do appreciate the gentlemen's compliment, I think everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I do agree with you on not racing in these wheels. I am either going to use the factory wheels or order some lightweight (racing style) wheel for the track. Any suggestions would be appreciated?
D3

·
Vendor
547 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
D3

i have HKS GT570 kit on my car with HKS legamax catback , its alittle bit noisy , how is your car with the Mine's catback ???? am thinking to get mines catback , i've heard its quieter than legamax

·
Fast GT-R
3,129 Posts
D3

i have HKS GT570 kit on my car with HKS legamax catback , its alittle bit noisy , how is your car with the Mine's catback ???? am thinking to get mines catback , i've heard its quieter than legamax
silent like stock when DD

EDIT: Kenny's GTR has resonated HKS midpipe+legamax. I heard + rode his car numerous times, and no drones what so ever.

·
Vendor
547 Posts
D3

The resonated HKS midpipe will solve this problem - very quite. We have 5 in stock!

·
E63 D1STURBD
1,497 Posts
i like them better than the stock wheels but it wouldnt be my choice. Im the type that likes the BBS LM's look. or volks or something.

·
R35
148 Posts
D3

Get the The resonated HKS midpipe , no noise

i use to have the race package, then changed to the resonated mids. and the noise is %50 lower

21 - 39 of 39 Posts