Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer that modified his 2009 GTR with a pair of 'Jotech Custom LED headlights', and he has decided that he would like to re-equip his GTR with the OEM factory headlights. The headlights are in great working condition, and have very clear lenses with some fine pitting (that could presumably be removed with professional polishing or some elbow grease and a free afternoon).

We are looking to trade (straight-up) for a pair of unmodified OEM headlights in excellent condition. The only thing that we ask of anyone interested is that you cover proper/secure packaging and shipping for your headlights (to T1 Race Development), UPS Overnite / Red Label. These headlights were (are?) a $1500 upgrade when purchased new.

We would like to make this happen ASAP, so serious inquiries only please. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at: [email protected] or contact me between 8 am and 5 pm CST, Monday through Friday at T1 Race Development: 214-607-9022. Please include high-resolution photos of your headlights as well, when making contact.

Because timing is of the essence, this offer is first come, first served. Please see the pictures below:

·
Registered
5,184 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
I am on the fence .. If its not too much of an effort to remove .. cool look.
I bet you'd get a bit of negative feedback as well though...if that matters...

14 Posts
I just spoke to one of our GTR techs, and the headlights are relatively easy to remove. The undertray & front bumper have to be removed, which are held on by a number of clips & 10mm bolts. Once this is done, the headlight retaining bolts are removed & the headlights come right out. Anyone with a couple of simple hand tools & an hour to spare should be able to knock it out, with no issues.

Also, I have received a couple of inquiries thus far. Just to clarify, we are hoping to find someone that can remove/package/overnite their headlights to T1 today (3/13/2012). Upon receipt of your headlights and verification of condition, we will send out the customer's LED headlights, same day (via UPS overnite). My apologies for the brevity of our timeline, but hopefully the "free" part makes up for the need to expedite this. Thanks in advance, guys. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm happy to help.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If this doesnt workout..please let me know...serious trader here.

·
LiMiTLeSs
3,224 Posts
It looks so APC/Altezza. Pop a set of these suckers on a 2012+ (that have DRLs)

And you'll so have an "Audi/Benz look", it's not even funny!
I suppose its all opinionated. But I think the lights look real clean especially with carbon fiber out of the inner trim which really bring out the lights but doesn't give off a "ricey" look.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I just spoke to one of our GTR techs, and the headlights are relatively easy to remove. The undertray & front bumper have to be removed, which are held on by a number of clips & 10mm bolts. Once this is done, the headlight retaining bolts are removed & the headlights come right out. Anyone with a couple of simple hand tools & an hour to spare should be able to knock it out, with no issues.
The under tray doesn't have to be removed for the bumper to come off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.