Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Vendor
961 Posts

We're happy to announce some new features for the GT-R platform! Accessport users with TCM functionality now have enhanced logging capabilities. COBB Traction Control is now user adjustable on the fly. Engine On/Off Detection is now available. Lots of new features for Accesstuner Race. And, new vehicle support has been added. Simply update your firmware using Accessport Manager for these additions (Traction Control will require Accesstuner updates).

TCM RELATED UPDATES

TCM logging was made available through our previous GT-R release. We have taken that a step further by enabling the ability to simultaneously log both ECU and TCM parameters. This functionality was highly requested and will be especially helpful on the dyno and when working to dial in our custom COBB Traction Control feature. All LC versions available through all model years are now supported! The monitor names within the Accessport have been updated to differentiate between ECU and TCM monitors. Several new monitors have also been added to aid in Traction Control tuning (these are shown below with an Accesstuner Screenshot but are also available to monitor on the Accessport).

An additional Accessport feature now available is TCM RAM dump capabilities. This allows the Accessport user to read the current memory state from the TCM which can better assist in TCM tuning or troubleshooting efforts. This is done through the "Troubleshooting" menu shown below.

ENGINE ON/OFF DETECTION

Ever get tired of turning on or off the Accessport whenever you start or exit your GT-R? Now, with engine on/off detection (EOD) you don't have to! With EOD enabled (done through the Accessport "Setup" menu pictured below) the Accessport will automatically turn on after start up and off when the engine is shut off.

USER ADJUSTABLE TRACTION CONTROL

It's been a few months since COBB Advanced Traction Control made its way into the wild. In that short time, several users have reported outstanding results. One area with the potential for improvement was having to reflash in order to change the amount of slip. This could be a burden to users at track sessions where conditions can change throughout the day (or even mid-lap) and those that take to "Mexico" and experience different road surfaces and conditions. A reflash is no longer required! You can now switch between the optimal setting for the street, strip, wet, damp, dry, and any other condition you can find.
Remember, this feature works by taking the vehicle speed (averaged from the front two wheels) compared to a driven speed (rear two wheels) and then uses a properly calculated slip number into our own proprietary PID loop algorithm. This will then calculate the proper amount of ignition timing to be reduced based on the amount of slip. COBB Advanced Traction Control will need to be setup and enabled through Accesstuner. This can be done with your own version at home or through a Protuner. If you currently have this feature, your Tuner can now use the new "Traction Control: Target Slip User Multiplier table" to input settings that allow variable slip based on what works best for you. These settings (up to 8 unique slots) are user adjustable through the Accessport in real time. This is done through the "Help" > "Available Adjustments" shown below.

OTHER UPDATES

All of these new features in addition to all current features have been extended to the JDM 2012 NISMO GT-R and the JDM 2010 V-Spec GT-R.

Accesstuner Race also receives:
- General Accesstuner Improvements
- COBB Traction Control Support
- Extended Support to 2013 World Market GT-R (2014 USDM GT-R)
- Extended Support to 2014 World Market GT-R (2015 USDM GT-R)
- Extended Support to 2015 World Market GT-R (2016 USDM GT-R)
- These later model years are now also supported with Accesstuner Pro
- TCM Logging Support (With Simultaneous ECU and TCM Logging)
- COBB Cranking and Post Start Fueling
- 2016 USDM Vehicle Support
- Flex Fuel Improvements

Stay tuned for more exciting features coming soon to the GT-R platform!

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Nice update and glad to hear this will be available soon. I have asked this question before, but will ask again since I did not receive a response. Does Cobb plan to unlock the coil dwell settings?

·
Vendor
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This stuff is available right now! As for the coil dwell settings, I'm not sure whether that is something we will provide. What are you wanting to accomplish with access to those tables?

[email protected]

·
Cobb Tuning
421 Posts
Nice work guys, what enhancements were made to the flex fuel features?
Flex fuel gained some bug fixes, and also gained some resolution upgrades. Under certain circumstances it was possible for the AFR target to be off a little bit, and it was also possible to cause some errors when running high ethanol content on certain rom files. The system is streamlined and will also gain at least one more enhancement (added functionality) in the next release.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Absolutely. As we receive them from the field we add them as fast as we can! We are currently missing this file so if you know someone with one we'd appreciate the help retrieving it.

Flex fuel gained some bug fixes, and also gained some resolution upgrades. Under certain circumstances it was possible for the AFR target to be off a little bit, and it was also possible to cause some errors when running high ethanol content on certain rom files. The system is streamlined and will also gain at least one more enhancement (added functionality) in the next release.
what do you need for the 2016 Nismo TCM? We hit the launch limiter on our tuned one that caused us to lose in the finals of a competition.

I can attest the flex fuel is better. I havent had the issues I had been having with the most recent release.

·
Cobb Tuning
421 Posts
what do you need for the 2016 Nismo TCM? We hit the launch limiter on our tuned one that caused us to lose in the finals of a competition.

I can attest the flex fuel is better. I havent had the issues I had been having with the most recent release.
We need help with getting the actual data from the ECU so that we can pick it apart and add those features. After that, we need someone who wants to help test!! Please shoot and email to chris.black(at)cobbtuning.com if you can help!

·
Registered
615 Posts
The afr target issue I have experienced. Glad you guys fixed it. And super excited to start using the new features with the new engine.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
As for the coil dwell settings, I'm not sure whether that is something we will provide. What are you wanting to accomplish with access to those tables?

[email protected]
I would like to adjust the spark energy to understand its affects on engine performance as a function of rpm and boost. Much like other aspects of the stock tune (timing, AFR, etc) I am sure there are gains to be had.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Thanks for finally releasing it! I have updated my ATR, and my Cobb AP. I loaded my tune and enabled TC. Now what do I do? Is it on now and do I need to do anything with VDC to use it? etc? Just want to understand how it works and how do I use these map slots (and what they are) that are adjustable on the AP? I don't see any map slots in the ATR...

·
Cobb Tuning
421 Posts
Thanks for finally releasing it! I have updated my ATR, and my Cobb AP. I loaded my tune and enabled TC. Now what do I do? Is it on now and do I need to do anything with VDC to use it? etc? Just want to understand how it works and how do I use these map slots (and what they are) that are adjustable on the AP? I don't see any map slots in the ATR...
The traction control was meant to be used with the VDC off. The map slots are for the traction slip multiplier table. 1.1 in the table would be a 10% increase in the slip target from the table.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I see there is 1.0 in all slots but 8, which has 10.0

What are some good numbers to put in here to get started?

Also, what happens when VDC is on?

Attachments

·
Cobb Tuning
421 Posts
I see there is 1.0 in all slots but 8, which has 10.0

What are some good numbers to put in here to get started?

Also, what happens when VDC is on?
The 'stock' setting with no modification works really good on street tires I think. I would populate the rest of the cells with variants of +- 10% and test to see what the effects are.

The multiplier 10 was put in there as default for those who would like to do a burnout in map 8.

When VDC is on the system will still work exactly the same, but the factory VDC system will be trying to control wheel slip as well which will likely give unsatisfactory results.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Just tried it and it works amazing!!! I added 1.0 - 7.0 for the first 7 slots and 10.0 for 8 (for turning it off). I can feel it working at 1 and even at 2 you can feel it slip a little more but still work great! I can't imagine what doing a WOT run with VDC OFF would of normally been like (never did it) but I do recall with all switches in normal mode, there was some wheel spin while it tried to hook. There is no spin at 10% at all, just goes!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
If you don't have enough spark energy, you will get a misfire. I've tested spark plugs which claim to have benefits in power and fuel economy. The results proved this to be false. I've also adjusted the coil dwell settings on numerous stand-alones and various engines and have only ever found it useful when changing the coils to a different model, switching to a CDI ignition box, or when they were set incorrectly in the base settings and did not provide enough dwell time to fully charge the coil. In the near future I don't anticipate adding any coil settings to the software over other features which would be more widely used and effective.
I don't understand your reference to testing different spark plugs. Just because you don't have a misfire doesn't mean you can't have a more optimal burn with a hotter spark leading to improved engine performance. I would have to bench test the coil, but depending on the factory dwell settings vs coil capabilities there could be 30-40mJ of spark energy not being used. This allows for larger plug gaps and custom tailoring spark energy based on a specific car's torque curve. I can't imagine the factory settings designed for 550hp being optimal for 1000+hp setups.

I have also played around with dwell settings using various coil configurations on my EVO and saw first hand how it can improve engine performance. I run a custom fabricated Bosch P100-t setup tuned via Haltech. Anyway, I see the answer is no.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts