Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

In time I plan on purchasing a proper film rig setup to make better quality videos than just my basic GoPro and Cellphone stuff.. but for now I'm having fun with it and would like to share my youtube channel and a couple funny launch control reactions from when I first purchased my car.

Side marker upgrade:

[media]https://youtu.be/sBMJ34zbNGM[/media]

Ivory Interior review (staining):

[media]https://youtu.be/6esORyvbEt0

I know my car is pretty much 99% stock but we all start from somewhere....

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Very nice!! Love the reaction video. Never gets old.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
2 things I love about this. One, the reactions are priceless. And two, I love the fact that you are launching the hell out of your car. I launch my 2014 over 100 times and it never gets old.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Nice videos! As always I love the reactions of the people. That clear marker is pretty cool also. I did clear marker replacements as well, but a crisp white that stays on rather than amber...also no signal build in. The signal is the coolest part. When you explained the 0-60 for the new GTR's as 3.5 seconds from a roll out w no launch control and 2.7 seconds with launch control....I felt the 2.7 is a far stretch. I mean, even the reported 2.8-2.9's I wouldn't call consistent, ESPECIALLY on the street. You're probably doing 3.1-3.3 on the street with launch control. Either way, great videos and thanks for sharing. Love that interior too!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice!! Love the reaction video. Never gets old.
Thanks! I agree 110% on that. It's hard to keep a straight face when others are freaking out...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice videos! As always I love the reactions of the people. That clear marker is pretty cool also. I did clear marker replacements as well, but a crisp white that stays on rather than amber...also no signal build in. The signal is the coolest part. When you explained the 0-60 for the new GTR's as 3.5 seconds from a roll out w no launch control and 2.7 seconds with launch control....I felt the 2.7 is a far stretch. I mean, even the reported 2.8-2.9's I wouldn't call consistent, ESPECIALLY on the street. You're probably doing 3.1-3.3 on the street with launch control. Either way, great videos and thanks for sharing. Love that interior too!!
That makes sense.. I've noticed varying degrees of traction/slippage depending on when/where/how I launched the car. Are there any sources that have calculated those figures? Either way, I can't complain whether it's 2.7 or 3.3... it's such a rush and everyone leaves with a huge smile on their faces, haha. Not that I need to tell any of you what that's like obv...

·
e^-2(PI)(i)(w)(x) dx
326 Posts
That makes sense.. I've noticed varying degrees of traction/slippage depending on when/where/how I launched the car. Are there any sources that have calculated those figures? Either way, I can't complain whether it's 2.7 or 3.3... it's such a rush and everyone leaves with a huge smile on their faces, haha. Not that I need to tell any of you what that's like obv...
When my car (2014) was stock, I did quite a few launches with my GPS Recorder. Most 0-60s were 2.8-2.9 if the surface was good. I got some 2.7s mixed in, one 2.6, and some 3.0-3.2s. The only time I got over 3.3 was with a bad launch or terrible launch surface. My 0-60 times actually got worse when I first went to FBO because of wheel spin. Eventually I did a better job of dialing in the launch and got it back in line. I have not done any data collection now that I'm at 750whp, but I suspect with the MPSSs I'll still not get better then 2.7s. The real gain will be in the 0-100 times.

Jeff

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great reaction videos! I wish I had my GoPro in the car when I launched with my wife. I had just installed intakes and y-pipe with a tune, and when I did she freaked out and accidentally grabbed the e-brake.
LMAO!!!! That would have been youtube GOLD.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When my car (2014) was stock, I did quite a few launches with my GPS Recorder. Most 0-60s were 2.8-2.9 if the surface was good. I got some 2.7s mixed in, one 2.6, and some 3.0-3.2s. The only time I got over 3.3 was with a bad launch or terrible launch surface. My 0-60 times actually got worse when I first went to FBO because of wheel spin. Eventually I did a better job of dialing in the launch and got it back in line. I have not done any data collection now that I'm at 750whp, but I suspect with the MPSSs I'll still not get better then 2.7s. The real gain will be in the 0-100 times.

Jeff
Jeff, I'm in absolute awe of your car... my car is only a few months old at this point, but if I can safely/comfortably reach levels like yours I'll be blown away for sure. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Nice stuff - never gets old !!!

Enjoy and let the mods begin

Edit: my cheeks, my cheeks hahaha

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Haha I've seen that on YouTube before. I think it would be nice if the led side markers worked in the opposite way. As in, the led part stayed illuminated like the headlights, and the blinker was amber, like the headlights. Nice car

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha I've seen that on YouTube before. I think it would be nice if the led side markers worked in the opposite way. As in, the led part stayed illuminated like the headlights, and the blinker was amber, like the headlights. Nice car
It's funny that you say that because someone on YouTube commented saying that they "reversed the polarity" and made it work that way. But I'm honestly not sure how they accomplished it since I believe it would require making multiple wiring harness splices (which I really wanted to avoid).

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Very entertaining videos
That's my favorite interior
If I ever trade in my '12 for a new one it would be the dark red /gold flake with beige interior

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yes I was going to question that too. I thought maybe the wiring was the wrong way around. Surely the Amber should Mach the blinker on the front.
LED side markers look very cool though. Well done. Time to put that mid pipe on!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I really love that interior, I'd get it if Nissan didn't want like 15k for that.
It really helps people (WOMEN) recognize the car as a supercar. They don't seem to care about the performance, which is why the reaction video's are so hilarious with them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts