Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys , I am new to this forum .
I just went to a dealer today for 13 GTR priemium.

Now I have few situations here:

1 ,The price for a 13 GTR I can get is MSRP right now, is there any chance I can make the price lower than msrp? I am going to finance the GTR with a 40% down, and never finance a vehicle before so wondering what should I be aware of doing this compare to all cash? Is it hard to get finance from a nissan dealer? I am not employed by any of the company but have my own business income for at least 5k a month .

2, I am interested in a 13 GTR premium with super silver exterior, and there is a black edition with black colour coming in next month, the sales told me for a super silver one I may need to wait till june. I am not interested in a black colour anyway.Just wondering what will be the best colour for a 13?

·
illmike
67 Posts
Hi, guys , I am new to this forum .
I just went to a dealer today for 13 GTR priemium.

Now I have few situations here:

1 ,The price for a 13 GTR I can get is MSRP right now, is there any chance I can make the price lower than msrp? I am going to finance the GTR with a 40% down, and never finance a vehicle before so wondering what should I be aware of doing this compare to all cash? Is it hard to get finance from a nissan dealer? I am not employed by any of the company but have my own business income for at least 5k a month .

2, I am interested in a 13 GTR premium with super silver exterior, and there is a black edition with black colour coming in next month, the sales told me for a super silver one I may need to wait till june. I am not interested in a black colour anyway.Just wondering what will be the best colour for a 13?
do you have any loan history? this will be a big factor if there even willing to finance you or not- even with a down payment like that

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you have any loan history? this will be a big factor if there even willing to finance you or not- even with a down payment like that
before I have a leasing vehicle for a year with all payment paid and the end the lease now. I have a talk with a sales already and he asked at least 40% down but i am not sure if i can get the approval since they have not told me now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
best color is the one you like.
but the other best is whatever the car happens to be painted ;)
white actually is my favourite before, but i am tired of white since white gtr are pretty common on street``` thinking about a black right now, super silver is the ideal colour in mind

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
there is always a chance of getting it lower but it may be a wait.....as far as getting a loan.....you say you're unemployed but make $5K a month?....is that gross or net?....what were your lease payments?.....did you file a tax return last year or the year before?.....with $40K down you are still looking at financing around $60K....even at 60 months that will be over $1000 a month....it won't be easy....

I'm still shocked to see people look to buy a car that is more money than they make in a year....absolutely amazing....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is always a chance of getting it lower but it may be a wait.....as far as getting a loan.....you say you're unemployed but make $5K a month?....is that gross or net?....what were your lease payments?.....did you file a tax return last year or the year before?.....with $40K down you are still looking at financing around $60K....even at 60 months that will be over $1000 a month....it won't be easy....

I'm still shocked to see people look to buy a car that is more money than they make in a year....absolutely amazing....
Thanks for the reply, 5000 is my net income. with no cosume to anywhere. for my other bills i already get that part out from my income.
Since I am not a resident in US, I do not think i have a tax return now.
hmm,actuallly i am expecting to earn at least 30k at the end of this year. but my business needs liquid cash all the time. just wondering how will finance approval be like my situation.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Thanks for the reply, 5000 is my net income. with no cosume to anywhere. for my other bills i already get that part out from my income.
Since I am not a resident in US, I do not think i have a tax return now.
hmm,actuallly i am expecting to earn at least 30k at the end of this year. but my business needs liquid cash all the time. just wondering how will finance approval be like my situation.
IMO there will be absolutely no chance of you getting loan....

154 Posts
Agreed, they will most likely turn you down For lack of income. It's a maybe though, good luck .

·
There can be only one.
1,004 Posts
if finance approval do not go through, i will wait for few months and pay in cash.
lol...if you only make $5000 a month how are you going to come up with ~$70k in a "few months".
Maybe buy a car that's a bit more affordable for you.
S.

154 Posts
That's what I would do anyway if you can afford it.

·
R35 Member
262 Posts
lol...if you only make $5000 a month how are you going to come up with ~$70k in a "few months".
Maybe buy a car that's a bit more affordable for you.
S.
Yeah, it seems like this guy hasn't really thought through the math behind buying a GTR. I definitely don't think he'll be approved for a loan. I hate to say it but I would not approve him for a loan, just based on the fact he thinks he can make up 70K in a few months on only 5K in net income.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
unless he has "other" business ventures the only place he comes up with this cash is in dream world.....

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
Haha,

And it seems many of these wtb owners have no idea on just how expensive it is to maintain a GTR. Especially with the new Dunlops Sport Maxx GT's on the 2013's that you're lucky if you get more than 5-6K miles on before they're toast!

at around $2300-2400 a set........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts