Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
Awesome, thanks! I thought I read on here that it was gear limited. There was a video on here of someone with a modified GTR videoing a 200+ mph run. The comments in the thread pointed out that the OP raised his rev limiter to 7300ish. The commenters in the thread said he would not of been able hit 200+ otherwise. The fastest I've been was 174 in my 2017 premium. The fastest I've ever been was 192 on my BMW S1000RR and that was crazy. Tunnel vision and blurry from all the vibration.
Modified they have reached 245 iirc. When you raise rpm to 8500+ you are effectively adding an extra gear.

Think fastest bolt on R35 we’ve ever seen on here was 202mph from [mention]Hitman [/mention] from way back on the autobahn - think he’s moved on to Audi’s now.

These cards handle 200+ incredibly well, I’d think a track edition with the stiffer suspension should do well also.

Good luck.

Reactions: TheSnail

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
These are really nice race seats and will drop more than 50 pounds right off.
Thanks!

They just arrived today so I thought I'd share. I love them! The black with red stitching matches perfectly and they look even better than I expected. Super happy with them!

I weighted them and they are even lighter than what Sparco CS told me over the phone, The cloth variant of the QRT-C weighs 12.5lbs, so I inquired on the weight of the leather ones. They said 17lbs, but I just took an average weight of both and they weigh 15.8lbs. I also contacted Planted Technologies today to see what their bases weigh. They said "around 8lbs". Sparco sliders are about 4.7lbs and Sparco aluminum QRT specific aluminum rails are 3.2lbs.

So estimated weight of one complete seat is: 15.8 + 8 + 4.7+ 3.2 = 31.7lbs.

According to the GTR weight reduction thread, the front seats combined weigh 124.7lbs. So the estimated weigh savings now is 124.7 - 2(31.7)= 63.1 lbs ! That's huge ! I was anticipating around 50 and hoping for 55lbs. If I can get a 60+ weight reduction I will be ecstatic. I'll have all the brackets, sliders etc in about 2weeks, so I will weigh everything then, and post the actual weights in my "to be created" build thread.

Comfort Automotive tire Automotive design Chair Floor

Furniture Chair Comfort Armrest Automotive design

Automotive tire Automotive design Wood Comfort Tints and shades

Leg Comfort Automotive design Gesture Sculpture

Comfort Automotive design Grey Floor Flooring

Comfort Chair Automotive design Armrest Window

Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Fender Wood

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Plant Steering part

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Window Personal luxury car

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Nice Pistol/SBR Also....(y)
Thanks! I just bought that 4 position pictogram lower for a transferable MP5 I bought in June. Got a new SP5 as well for time being, which I just form-1'd. Form1 should be approved in a month and the MP5 should be approved in December. Cant wait! I've been wanting one forever. Specifically a double pushpin by Billistic. Finally found a as new original for a below market at $40K from an estate sale. Market for the double pushpin is around 50K now n days. Its a Halo gun for me. I got about $700K in other transferables as well, but the MP5 is a bucket list gun for me.

This dyno video was my first car video on youtube. All the other ones are machineguns. Now that I know how to do video edits, I'm going to do some more quality videos of the machineguns. Like a youtube channel. There are a bunch of nice car videos on youtube, but not anywhere as many people have trasferable machineguns. If you look at the Micro UZI video I did last year showing suppressed and unsuppressed, it got 37K views. That crappy video got 37K views!.. Seriously. If I spent the same amount of time making a machinegun video as I did the GTR dyno, it would be through the roof in views. Youtube pays $7.5 per 1000views. So it might even be lucrative. Who knows, maybe the future machinegun videos can pay for the GTR mods.

·
Registered
64 Posts
its just a shame that the US spec NISMOs and Track Editions dont get the OEM carbon backed seats when they do in UK europe and Japan so this is a great substitute
Yeah for sure. I definitely would not have swapped them out if we got those in the US. One interesting about the UK is they got the 2020 Track Edition. It is equally as rare there as it is here, but the specs are different. They got the CCBs, CF roof, front fenders and the Nismo wheels. What they did not get in theirs is the Nismo engine. So essentially they got a T-Spec in regular colors. What they did get on theirs that we did not is a carbon fiber trunk. Still has the dry carbon spoiler, but trunk portion is carbon fiber. Their hood might be CF as well, I cant remember. About two weeks ago, I called several Nissan parts dealers to try to source one of the track edition carbon fiber trunks, but no one could find a part number for it. I could find a Nismo CF trunk in white, both with and without the spoiler. However, I don't think the Nismo's spoiler holes are the same as the regular spoiler. Didn't want to spend 5-6K to find out. Not sure if anyone knows of the correct partnumber for the CF trunk that is setup for the regular spoiler.

·
Founder/Admin
25,839 Posts
yeah my NISMO wing is center mounted so there holes wont align with the other wing on the sides

speaking of T spec in Japan there was a t spec track edition and a t spec based off the premium. Here we got one T spec that had parts from both.

the JDM track edtion T Spec gets the trunk

Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
yeah my NISMO wing is center mounted so there holes wont align with the other wing on the sides

speaking of T spec in Japan there was a t spec track edition and a t spec based off the premium. Here we got one T spec that had parts from both.

the JDM track edtion T Spec gets the trunk

View attachment 404755
I wish I could get that trunk. I'll keep looking around. There might be a source in Japan that has them with or without the wing.

As you mentioned, I saw Japan got a Nismo powered T-Spec. That would be spec/model to have if we got them. In Japan, I thought I heard that the Nismo engine is only offered in the purple T-Spec, not the millennial Jade.

All the TEs & T-specs in Canada and UK did not come with the Nismo engine. I believe Australia as well. Wonder what other markets got Nismo powered Non-Nismo cars outside of Japan and the US.

·
Founder/Admin
25,839 Posts
I wish I could get that trunk. I'll keep looking around. There might be a source in Japan that has them with or without the wing.

As you mentioned, I saw Japan got a Nismo powered T-Spec. That would be spec/model to have if we got them. In Japan, I thought I heard that the Nismo engine is only offered in the purple T-Spec, not the millennial Jade.

All the TEs & T-specs in Canada and UK did not come with the Nismo engine. I believe Australia as well. Wonder what other markets got Nismo powered Non-Nismo cars outside of Japan and the US.

I forgot the 2020 TE didnt have the trunk as when I saw it got the roof I just assumed it had the trunk. they were so low quantity I never saw one in person.

US T-specs are also 565hp like the premium. to my knowledge only the japanese T-Spec TE got the 600

·
Registered
101 Posts
Are those the same brakes as the Nismo CCMs?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Are those the same brakes as the Nismo CCMs?
Yes. The gigantic 16.2" Nismo CCBs were the only available option for the 2020 Track Edition. It was a 15K option. The Nismo engine, wheels, roof and everything else was standard. We think the CCBs had something to do with the abnormally high dyno numbers, due to less drivetrain loss than spinning heavier steel rotors. I would imagine they made a 15-20ish whp difference measured at the wheels.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts