Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. well... I probably should have asked 'prior' to going... what Tire Pressures to run in the Stock Bridgestones... cuz car just could not hook up (Video later). Was burying the tires in first, forcing me to short shift to 2nd... running 1.81 60's :(

Mods: Mid Pipe & Jack Cecil Tune

TimeSlip: 11.16 @ 127

My first pass was 11.17 @ 126.97... andI get 'ejected' from the track. I waited about 30 minutes... and then went up to the staging guy... and asked him to radio the tower... and see if they'd let me run if I wore a fire jacket (which I brought). After a few mins... he said 'Go Get your car!

So... I went back with only about 15 minutes left to close... and was impressed that (although it just would never hook up in 1st)... I hot lapped the car... 4 runs in less than 10 minutes... and it went 11.16, 11.2, 11.18, 11.16 at over 126+

AZ is known to be about .2 slower than most other tracks... DA was 1800 ft

I was surprised that even hot lapping the car... the bridgestones never bit... thought they spun due to being cold... but they didn't care... they just never could hook first. Are the Dunlops that much better? Is there a recommended tire pressure for the track with the runflats?

Thanks!
Dave

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I've tried different tire pressures on the stock RE070's and it doesn't seem to make a difference, they are run-flats after all. The only thing to do is adjust your launch. I know it's tough but that's what worked for me. My best 60ft was a 1.69 on the stock Bridgestones using LC2 and pumping the brake. That was also in a 7400ft DA which makes things even tougher. What LC are you using?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Launch RPM is the most important factor. Of course the track prep has to be there as well. Higher RPM does not always mean a better launch. You have to find the sweet spot right on the threshold of spinning. Easier said than done.

The stock Bridgestones will hook. Don't have any 1st hand experience on how much better the Dunlops are at the strip..... They are said to be better though..

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks... I'm using COBB Stage II 3750 option... first launch for some reason was only like 3000 and it 'bogged' to a 1.83... then when I pulled back up it was doing 3,800 and kept spinning... I probably should have tried to go to the stage I 3300 RPM launch... and maybe that would have done it. But only had 15 minutes till close... so not time either.

It hooks so much better on the street... which is typical of all calls really. Firebird never does a good 'prep' job... so to be expected... but figured a 'bad launch' would have been high 1.7's! Just need a low 1.7 to get the 10.9 out of her I'm sure!

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
364 Posts
i raced there a few weeks ago and had a 1.69 then idk whats going on with my car but i ran a 11.6 i have a mid pipe exhaust and tune by tim bailey, dave maybe i might let you run my car down the track i know i need new tires cause it is slipping a lot off the line but i know my car should be running faster times. cause when my car was stock i was running 11.5 in washington state now i move here with mods and run slower! lol.

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
Wow that is a nice MPH number for such limited mods, assuming you aren't on E85. Are you? What is your peak boost?
I have the same mods and same tune and made 530 to the wheels on a Mustang and was able to get 129.8mph and a 1.88 with just a 3000rpm launch. All on 93 octane.

In cooler weather I bet my car will hit 131 with just a midpipe and tune.

The GT-R runs MUCH better in sub 1000 DA.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks Guys...

Kyle... Awesome 60'! That's exactly what I was hoping to be around... we're planning no Speedworld New Years Eve Day!

Compulsive... no E85 here... but i did put in some 100 octane to help it not pull timing.

Church... agree... really need to be sub 1000 (is what I've noticed) in all my cars to get any 'real' decent ET / MPH...

Peace,
Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts