Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have already used this site for a ton of research before even seriously looking at a GTR, but I finally pulled the trigger. I fly out to pick it up and drive home this weekend - 2013 premium with right under 5,000 miles. I got the black box data and it looked ok from what I have seen on here. The dealer bought it back when the previous owner died... yikes... but they have all the service info as the previous owner always had it done at that shop. The pulled the black box info for free which was nice and picking me up at the airport.

Car has downpipes, midpipes and a cobb tune. I think were all installed at the dealer by their GTR guy and I don't know what brand, but the tune is just a shelf tune I think from cobb. I was going to add those parts myself, so that saves me a bit of money. My girlfriend does not call that saving, but I do! Total was 73k for the car, which for the low miles and exact mods I wanted I thought was pretty good. I am not planning on having it as my daily driver at this point, but who knows what is in store later. I might do a track day on rare occasion, but it won't be the primary use.

I am not sure about adding intake, the existing mods are probably good enough for me. The stock injectors are probably at about their max, so perhaps it's best to not worry about the intake, although a custom tune might not be a bad idea.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Picked up the car! Wow, these are fast! While not nearly as intense as my old vette above, I think it's just as quick without all the work and control problems of launching that monster.

Also has a k40 rl360i radar and laser scrambler installed. Nice little bonus. Apparently has a Cobb midpipe and downpipes as they had the receipt. The accessport is a v3 and I have been looking into the functions. The stage 2 91 octane map is loaded which is perfect as we don't have 93 here. Can't get my iPhone to play music but it connects to the phone for calls. Not looked into it yet though. Doesn't sound like and intake kit would add all that much at this point.

I just noticed there isn't a spot for a front plate, damn. Ordered a front relocation plate kit. Not the most elegant solution, but looks like the only one that makes sense for me at this time.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice purchase
You need to sink your iPhone as an audio device as well. Then will be phone and music player

94 GTR R32 Vspec2
2009 GTR R35 premium
2013 GTR R35 black edition
2015 GTR premium

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! There is so much to learn with this car, but that is half the fun. The custom views on the display are pretty sweet, who doesn't love a huge boost gauge??

My fiancee is already wanting to take the car to the track even though she has never track driven anything. Might have created a monster with her!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wish my wife was as enthusiastic. All though I plan on finding an open road to launch the car with her in it. I've never launched the car yet and previous owner never did either. Enjoy.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Nice purchase
You need to sink your iPhone as an audio device as well. Then will be phone and music player

94 GTR R32 Vspec2
2009 GTR R35 premium
2015 GTR premium
How do you sync as an audio device?
Then do you just change the source to play it?

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
259 Posts
Wish my wife was as enthusiastic. All though I plan on finding an open road to launch the car with her in it. I've never launched the car yet and previous owner never did either. Enjoy.
Make sure you don't have a bunch of supplies in the trunk from Menards when you do!
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
461 Posts
Congrats man. Car looks really nice. I'm in the process of securing my GTR at the moment too. :D

Mikey

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! Been having a ton of fun in the car this weekend. I took off the Nissan and dealer badge - I like it's a Nissan, but have to think the designers hated that huge badge and I believe it was a corporate requirement and not a designer choice.

I was surprised, I was waiting to turn and a young guy slowed down and waved me in front of him, he then held his phone outside of his car and was videotaping the gtr!! That was fun. So I had to slam it down a gear and spin the wheels through a intersection before he turned off. Went from mature to immature instantly, haha.

·
Registered
461 Posts
hahaha we are all immature to an extent. How easy was it to remove the badging? I would like to do that too - do you have a how-to or is there one here on the forums?

Mikey

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I watched a you tube video and heated it 1st with a hair dryer. But mine was a real pain. It also left little marks in the clear coat, but I got a da buffer and some light compound and spent 1.5 hours buffing the spot and looks great now. I was scared to get a more aggressive compound, but enough time it all came out and looks perfect. I also used wd40 to get the glue off.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hair dryer is not hot enough. Use a heat gun and get it nice and hot but of coarse not so hot you cook the paint. You need to wait long enough so the glue gets nice and soft and the just run some fishing line or dental floss side to side down the back of the badge.
The glue will just rub off with your finger after that as it should still be warm. Easy to do without any damage whatsoever to paint.
You can do the same with the GTR badge and move it to the middle to replace the Nissan badge. Looks much better, like it's supposed to be

94 GTR R32 Vspec2
2009 GTR R35 premium
2015 GTR premium

·
Registered
461 Posts
^ Thanks! Do you have pics with the GTR badge in the center you could post? I'd like to see that.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Congrats , she looks purdy !!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
welcome!....previous owner died, sheesh that wouldve creeped me out...!
Especially being so close to Halloween boooOOOOOOwhooooo

1 - 20 of 26 Posts