Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_1023.JPG Just pickup up my 2017 GTR on Friday. Loving it so far although I'm following that dam break in procedure. Was hoping to take it to the track but still have a few 1000 km before the break in is complete.............Not missing the M3 too much.

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
Looks awesome, congrats!

·
Vendor
2,775 Posts
Welcome! Loving the 2017's in white!

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
Lol your break in is already completed by Nissan. That bad boy has already seen track duty before it was loaded on the ship.

Enjoy it !!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol your break in is already completed by Nissan. That bad boy has already seen track duty before it was loaded on the ship.

Enjoy it !!!
Turned out to be too busy a day for me to take off to the track today anyways. Got a few dates in September booked. Just following the BREAK-IN SCHEDULE in the owners manual, page GTR-9. Loving the car.

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
Turned out to be too busy a day for me to take off to the track today anyways. Got a few dates in September booked. Just following the BREAK-IN SCHEDULE in the owners manual, page GTR-9. Loving the car.
Will be cooler in Sept a tests. By the way, I didn't mean it "that" way. ;)

Sometimes guys didn't know they are all tracked for 20+ miles and brakes are red hot before they are shipped out to the states.

Lots of threads over the years on break in.

Enjoy !!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Took my 2017 to Castrol Raceway dragstrip this weekend. It's my first GTR so I could use some more practice off the line, my best time was 11.2s for 1/4 mile. Top speed 200KMh on the beak. I only took 3 runs, should be able to beat 11s if I tried a few more, I believe. Took on a Lexus RC F (he did 13.8s) and a Mustang Cobra (13.5s). Was super fun!

When using R mode (aka launch control), are you guys seeing better times in Manual or Automatic?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Took my 2017 to Castrol Raceway dragstrip this weekend. It's my first GTR so I could use some more practice off the line, my best time was 11.2s for 1/4 mile. Top speed 200KMh on the beak. I only took 3 runs, should be able to beat 11s if I tried a few more, I believe. Took on a Lexus RC F (he did 13.8s) and a Mustang Cobra (13.5s). Was super fun!

When using R mode (aka launch control), are you guys seeing better times in Manual or Automatic?
Congrates, Awesome times with all stock..

·
I ❤️ Oil & Gas
5,547 Posts
Welcome and congrats - love the white of course... she's broke in, drive her!!

Happy Motoring...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had a private message and someone suggested I post this. Attached is the first time I ran the 2017 (all stock) down the 1/4 mile drag strip in Edmonton. Didn't have a chance to get it through many times (someone blew up on the strip and caused major delays).

Just thought I'd share, will go back another day and see if I can get it under 11s.

GTR is on the left.

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
We had some Calgary guys up 2 weeks ago for a meet, and the group headed out to the Friday night street legals at Castrol. Most stock gtr's were running 11.1-11.4 quarter mile times. The best time buy a car with full bolt on mods ran a 10.36.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts