Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Having had both of these bikes and drag racing them a lot in the past I am quite suprised the ZX14 came out on top by that much. For years the low, long and sleek profile of the busa made it the better drag bike and much easier to launch.

I have a few friends that drag race sport bikes professionally. One of them has a new Busa with Nitrous making 304whp and he weighs about 120lbs.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Excellent video,thanks for posting. Unfortunately it looks like they corrected the numbers for whatever reason;as the 144mph trap speed that flashed on the timeclock is what it ran that day not 159mph. Nobody is running [email protected] 159mph on a stock height,stock geared,stock exhaust ZX14R. Rickey Gadson did an incredible job comparing the new 14 to the old 14 in back-to-back testing at Atco recently. He is considered one of THE BEST dragracer's ever to ride a bike..See attached vid below which is much more realistic then the video you posted.

Am I worried? Nah,the ZX14 has 1441cc compared to the Busa's 1340cc,it only makes sense its more powerful. Once you start to modify both bikes the Busa will always come out on top
BTW,my '00 Busa dynoed 160rwhp stock,my '09 made 180rwhp w 32mi on it&trapped 144mph bonestock. There were some NAGTROC members at a track rental this weekdnd,they saw my bike run..it's a *little* faster than you think lol ;)

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Am I worried? Nah,the ZX14 has 1441cc compared to the Busa's 1340cc,it only makes sense its more powerful. Once you start to modify both bikes the Busa will always come out on top
Since the ZX14 has more displacement, it should always come out on top, in terms of horsepower.... So, it should be faster too! Is the Busa more aerodynamic or what?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Busa is one of the most aero bikes ever made. Not quite sure about the 14,all I know is both bikes are ugly as hell but I think the 14 is just a bit uglier lol! My friend has a deposit on a brand new Black ZX14R&he is a die hard Kawasaki man;we have been battling back&forth over the years amongst ourselves seeing who is faster. I can't wait to ride it&I'll be sure to post some Go-Pro vid of my Busa vs his 14 for you ;)

PS,I like when you post videos just for me,it makes me feel all warm&fuzzy inside lmao!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
IMO, I think the 14's are ugly bikes, their made by a company that makes power tools, and I love my Busa and Gixxer-1000 and wouldn't give them up no matter if kawasaki comes out with a 500HP street bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.