Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this topic has been covered before, but I figured I would ask this question anyway. My dealer keeps asking me to do the update but I always tell them no. Now that I have been going to the dragstrip occasionaly and seeing my 60 foot times still in the 2 second range even with the mods I have done. I am starting to have the urge to launch the car(haven't done it yet), rather than smashing the gas on rrr. So I got a couple of quesitons.

1. With lc2 can I launch the car and the trans still be covered under warranty.
2. When the lc2 update is done does the car seem faster or does the car seem slower, without lauching regular takeoffs and driving.
3. If you have done the update do you regret it.
4. Is the 60 foot time on lc2 get better when the vdc is off, as opposed to being in race mode.

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
I switched to lc2... Less strain and it's really not much slower, plus you can double stab the throttle to gain more revs but it's inconsistent....

I'm no drag racer though...

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
I am sure this topic has been covered before, but I figured I would ask this question anyway. My dealer keeps asking me to do the update but I always tell them no. Now that I have been going to the dragstrip occasionaly and seeing my 60 foot times still in the 2 second range even with the mods I have done.

1. With lc2 can I launch the car and the trans still be covered under warranty?
Not if you tuned the car. Even with exhaust mods alone, warranty coverage would initially be at the discretion of the (s)dealer, then ultimately NNA. Have you got decatted mid and downpipes? You could have a problem with a warranty claim. If I were you, I'd go for LC2.

·
4,747 Posts
I am sure this topic has been covered before, but I figured I would ask this question anyway. My dealer keeps asking me to do the update but I always tell them no. Now that I have been going to the dragstrip occasionaly and seeing my 60 foot times still in the 2 second range even with the mods I have done. I am starting to have the urge to launch the car(haven't done it yet), rather than smashing the gas on rrr. So I got a couple of quesitons.

2. When the lc2 update is done does the car seem faster or does the car seem slower, without lauching regular takeoffs and driving.
4. Is the 60 foot time on lc2 get better when the vdc is off, as opposed to being in race mode.

Get LC2 almost safe and a lot safer.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts

#1 Yes.
#2 It's the same to me (LC1 - LC2 program under a no-launch take-off)
#3 Not at all.
#4 I don't know - I never did a VDC-off launch.

I DO know that Nissan looked at my black box (and follows certain cars on here - knows that I've got the AP installed), but because I don't abuse my car, they said I've nothing to worry about (GT-R HQ in JP).

·
R35
1,317 Posts
What are the exact steps for an LC2 launch?

I have a 2011, I put everything in R, manual mode, pressed on brake, pressed on accelerator, but it felt like the clutch was engaged. Not wanting to damage the tranny I let off the accelerator immediately and never tried the launch until I know for sure how it's done!

·
4,747 Posts
What are the exact steps for an LC2 launch?

I have a 2011, I put everything in R, manual mode, pressed on brake, pressed on accelerator, but it felt like the clutch was engaged. Not wanting to damage the tranny I let off the accelerator immediately and never tried the launch until I know for sure how it's done!
RRR or RROff, doesnt matter. No warranty issues. Depress brake hard. Depress throttle. You should see your revs around 3000. release brake and off you go. Holding the brakes and pedal for a while might heat up your clutch, but before that you'll get a warning.

Relax.

·
R35
1,317 Posts
RRR or RROff, doesnt matter. No warranty issues. Depress brake hard. Depress throttle. You should see your revs around 3000. release brake and off you go. Holding the brakes and pedal for a while might heat up your clutch, but before that you'll get a warning.

Relax.
Manual or Auto, does it matter?

Honestly, revs climb so fast that I prefer Auto mode (and tranny in R) when gunning it from a stop.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
I wouldn't recommend a launch under 140deg.

It doesn't matter auto-manual (with LC2 in MY09 - 10).

RR-normal, R-R-R, normal-normal-R, etc... doesn't matter the combination.

My understanding is - as long as you don't turn off the VDC during launch - you should be ok. Goodwood's post about RR-off and no warranty issues is the first I've heard of it.

·
4,747 Posts
Manual or Auto, does it matter?

Honestly, revs climb so fast that I prefer Auto mode (and tranny in R) when gunning it from a stop.
Auto or Manual is upto you. The number may have a minute difference but the chances of error goes up in the Manual mode.

Yes the tranny has to warm. Its safer. Enjoy, there is nothing to worry about. VDC off or On wont make huge difference on the streets in 0-60 times.

This is an old thread about LC2 by MC when it was first introduced. It's very detailed. Will clear your mind.

·
Registered
821 Posts

Relax.
Actually not true on the 11' RRR manual is the only one that works. it is 3300.

Holding the brakes and gas for a long time if it is "launch mode" does not heat up the clutch it is just a fake warning.

·
Founder/Admin
26,277 Posts
#1 only in R or normal mode not with VDC off
#2 just mashing the gas with no launch technique is a little faster
#3 not at all.. peace of mind
#4 on the 09 update and 10's RR OFF wont give you anymore revs than the 2500-3Kish but it wont give you less and you will obviously wont have VDC interfering like you do in R mode... and thats a big problem with the original LC2.. if there is any slip or hop or anything VDC will botch the run.... like shep said it seems the 11's are moderated heavily with VDC off.... havent personally driven the 11 yet so cant say if they have relaxed the VDC nanny any in R mode compared to the 10 and updated 09 but they seem to have produced a method that gives you more consistant revs....

as far as 60ft times.... the one time i tried LC1 i got 1.73 on a 100% 09 stock GTR... with just an exaust and LC2 i think i got 1.81 as my best... i know the exhaust skews it a little but thats a rough idea of the difference...

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Go ahead, change to LC2. Soon you will be able to have the option to switch from LC2 to LC1 with the Cobb.

·
Registered
821 Posts
#1 only in R or normal mode not with VDC off
#2 just mashing the gas with no launch technique is a little faster
#3 not at all.. peace of mind
#4 on the 09 update and 10's RR OFF wont give you anymore revs than the 2500-3Kish but it wont give you less and you will obviously wont have VDC interfering like you do in R mode... and thats a big problem with the original LC2.. if there is any slip or hop or anything VDC will botch the run.... like shep said it seems the 11's are moderated heavily with VDC off.... havent personally driven the 11 yet so cant say if they have relaxed the VDC nanny any in R mode compared to the 10 and updated 09 but they seem to have produced a method that gives you more consistant revs....

as far as 60ft times.... the one time i tried LC1 i got 1.73 on a 100% 09 stock GTR... with just an exaust and LC2 i think i got 1.81 as my best... i know the exhaust skews it a little but thats a rough idea of the difference...
It is 3300 for sure on the 11 and it hits it quickly and easily. Lc2 seems to me like it is laboring to get to 3000

I am interested to see if they relaxed the R mode on the 11. I do not get any wheel hop at 3300 and it comes out very nice and there is no detectable loss of acceleration in R mode. The track will tell though. I will have numbers on Monday.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
It is 3300 for sure on the 11 and it hits it quickly and easily. Lc2 seems to me like it is laboring to get to 3000

I am interested to see if they relaxed the R mode on the 11. I do not get any wheel hop at 3300 and it comes out very nice and there is no detectable loss of acceleration in R mode. The track will tell though. I will have numbers on Monday.
LC3.0 ? LC3 ?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts