Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Recently we loaded up the GTR, and headed out to Buschur's annual Shootout (DSM/Evo/GTR Shootout) at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, OH. I was looking forward to this event, not only to race the GTR (duh!!
lol), but also to see some people and cars that I only see once a year, or have only seen videos/pictures of. And this year, was definitely a year to be there in person!! Seeing ETS's GTR make multiple 7.8 passes was amazing, as well as seeing Gideon's AMS Alpha 16 GTR take the GTR Quick Class, running consistent 8.2 passes (I last saw Gideon's GTR at the Wanna Go Fast 1/2 Mile Event this past June).

Although our GTR isn't anywhere near that level...yet hahahaha
I was really excited to make some passes in the GTR Stock Appearing Class. The rules for this class were pretty simple - Must have a full exhaust, FMIC with piping, MAF inlet, full interior....... No aftermarket exhaust or intake manifolds allowed. Turbos must be stock appearing with the two bolt inlet compressor covers....... There were about 9-10 people in my class, and most of them were equipped with aftermarket turbo packages, so I was really looking forward to seeing how my stock turbo-powered baby would do.
I was hoping to maybe capture a personal best ET and/or MPH, but the track prep and my 60 foots just weren't where they needed to be to make this happen. Regardless tho, I had a blast racing in my second event of the year, and came home with a 3rd place win in the GTR Stock Appearing Class!! My best 60ft was a 1.5 with a best ET of 10.3. My best MPH was a 134.

I know I can get my RT down a little bit more, and also get my 60ft's back in the high 1.4/low 1.5's. Hopefully during our next track day, both Devin and myself can come home with new PB's.

MODS:
- Boostin Performance Stage 2 Performance Package
- Boostin Performance 3.5" Aluminum Exhaust System
- ETS Intakes
- AMS Alpha Race FMIC
- ID 1000cc Injectors
- (2) DW65 Series Fuel Pumps
- Cobb AccessPort Pro Tune on E85

My 3rd Place trophy, and Devin's 3rd place trophy from the Quick 32 Class -

I cannot wait for this event again next year as the number of GTR's attending seems to increase. I can only imagine the number of GTR's in attendance for next year, and what ET's we'll see posted up on the boards! Gonna be time for some upgrades soon......

~Kristin

·
Registered
244 Posts
Very nice runs .. Are those 17" or 18" ?

Full details on wheel/tire set up please

·
Registered
375 Posts
Congrats Kristin

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Thanks guys!! I appreciate all your posts. Mother Nature isn't being too helpful with the rain lately, and this weekend doesn't look the greatest
.....hopefully after the Labor Day holiday I'll be able to head out to the track during the week, or next weekend.

Great job, We know that car is just going to get quicker and quicker!

Eric
Thanks Eric!! I'm looking forward to adding some more Alpha parts to the GTR soon, and getting some single digit passes outta her.

~Kristin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts