Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I figured I would share a video of my run yesterday at Road Atlanta. This was the maiden voyage of the TSM GT-R after undergoing some pretty extensive modifications. The car performed flawlessly and laid down some pretty good laps given the traffic conditions and my limited driving skill.

Overall we were very happy with the shakedown, look for lots more from this car in the very near future.

Enjoy the video

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was really cool to see it in person......way to lay it down out there!!!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
It's funny we were just have a debate about mines motors. Everyone thinks the US market does only drag and NASCAR. Thank you for proving me right. We Love corners! I can't wait to see what the finished GT-R will do & I love the fact you guys do almost everything in-house.

·
Vendor
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
your sure that's not an amuse front lip?
http://www.gtrblog.c.../10/low-001.jpg
http://www.zshop.ca/...T-R-R35-09d.jpg
i thought when i looked at fb pictures it wasn't but from this photo i see no difference.
Pretty sure I sat with a fiberglass worker for hours on end making this prototype...yep that was me

Just messing with you!

Yes sir it is ours...the Amuse is very similar and rightfully so as the aero design is very good, however it is too small on the sides and allows too much air flow to roll under the splitter...ours is bigger by about 2 inches and also will incorporate carbon side blades after testing. The Amuse is a great option if you have less rear aero then our wing, but the package we are putting together needed more front downforce too balance the car. LOTS more info on this to come, but good question.

~Cicio

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
that's what i thought... looked a lil bigger but was hard to tell by pictures. guess its an inspired by amuse front lip its cool that your making it better!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I am the one who is responsible for the aero on the car.

When building our current aero was leaning torwards more the factory GT3 direction, then the MINES

The MINES lip is a good option, however it lacks in many areas as it was designed for "dual duty" with street driving being very important and to be used with the Mines rear wing which doesn't produce much.

Most of our tracks in the usa require a bit different aero balance then say Tsukuba, which is short, tight and requires the front of an awd car to work extremely well.

We (TopSpeed) have been working on the Aero of the GTR now for the last few years, and even last years aero package produces more downforce then anything available to the public today.

Learing from real world results of what actually works and not some calculated equation we have started working on a whole new package.

With this aero package I didn't want to kill the airflow under the car like the more traditional splitters. Example would be our last years front splitter as well as the other options available from companies. While this will move the aero balance over the front tires and produce a good amount of front grip, it does so at a loss of loosing rear aero from the lack of suffient air flow under the car to make the rear diffuser effective. Best example I can give is why nascar runs no diffuser. Once you kill all airflow under the car from a front splitter or airdam the rear diffuser is nothing more then useless weight.

Last years splitter required us to run a much larger rear wing then what was necessary to balance out the front since we lost so much from the rear diffuser. So never being happy with good enough we are working torwards a better overall balance without having the large amounts of drag.

I think were headed in the right direction as we were able to run 5 mph faster down the back straight while making 80whp less then previous our previous aero setup. All the while our min corner speeds were also higher, indicating an increase in overall corner grip.

We still have a bit of work to do, as we are only in the development stages. Already I want to make a few minor changes that will make a large difference. Rest assured as well once we are done we will be testing it all in the wind tunnel.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
iirc the stock gtr has sensors in them and syvecs said they were able to read them. you can try to measure downforce that way by running and seeing what stock aero and then your modified aero . doesn't look like its been done on the gtr bbefore but other cars have used a method like this. that combined with track testing saves the money from going to a wind tunnel ... but im not sure how much syvecs would cost and thats a whole other can of worms to get into.

anyways glad progress is going good! its always good to get parts on the market that are not just for looks and have data to back it up.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks for the words...

Too many times there are products that are endorsed by shops or individuals that have no clue as to what a properly setup car feels like.

Its kind of like pushing steroids or getting fake implants just so you look swole... when in fact hard work and training will win fights.

You can rest assured that we are not like those shops... we will not push a product based on margins or the fact that it makes a car "FEEL" faster while actually making the chassis balance worst.

We have been doing this for a long time... we hate loosing and will make sure we don't.

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Doug, did you mean improving upon the Amuse lip?

Also, what do you have against implants?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Doug, did you mean improving upon the Amuse lip?

Also, what do you have against implants?
Amuse lip is perfect for the tiny amuse rear wing. I am not trying to improve it. We are building a front lip to make huge downforce with a rear wing to match it.

Fake boobs are awesome... if I can feel them they are real enough... granted if thats what you were asking ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts