Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Okay folks, here it is.....Mt St Helens. I don't know the routes, length, or accommodations. Let's put our heads together, do some googling, and make it happen the 24th of September
Who's in?

Nwapache
Mprsev
Seattle1gtr
Kneedle... n00b! Yee haw
Stuhagen
Gotboost
Rutiger
Icarus
Boarderag

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
i'm in. i'll be here all weekends in sept, but gone the first two in oct. so let's aim for third or fourth weekend of sept.

need to get my appt scheduled with tim so i can be in the 600awhp club for our next drive

·
Registered
883 Posts
i'm in. i'll be here all weekends in sept, but gone the first two in oct. so let's aim for third or fourth weekend of sept.

need to get my appt scheduled with tim so i can be in the 600awhp club for our next drive
Can I vote for fourth weekend of September?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Count me in... this time I'm bringing up fourteen of my cousins from Texas. We'll be towing a smoker and 80 lbs of brisket behind the GT-R to serve everyone for lunch this time... YEEHA GO COWBOYS!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Last time I drove to St Helens with Corvette group was in 2007. I searched corvetteforum and found the thread with a general description of the route. Perhaps this can help us start planning the route.

"Leaving from Royal Bean Coffee Shop, 704 Tumwater Blvd., Tumwater, WA (take I-5 Exit 101 and go east on Tumwater Blvd. Coffee shop is just past traffic light at Linderson Way on the right) at 9 AM. Going Old Hwy 99 south to Hwy 12 east to Randle and up to the mountain. Lunch at the Cascade Peaks Viewpoint Gift Shop (or bring your own) then ending up at Woodland on I-5. Great drive on roads that Corvettes were built for, tight turns and hairpin corners. Bring your camera. About 285 miles round trip from Olympia."

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i won't be able to do the 3rd weekend either now as my car will be at cobb then. so my vote is for the 4th weekend 24th/25th.
What are you getting done at Cobb? I'll have AMS downpipes, ID1000's, and GB intakes...no idea what that will dyno though

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
Haha, you guys are all gonna end up carrying fuel in your trunk like me for these drives. 4th weekend it is!!!

We're all going to be

·
Registered
187 Posts
I see no conflicts for most of Sept so I should be able to make it. Let's hope the weather will be as good as the NW drive.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Damn I think i will be the slowest GTR on the next drive. Oh well I guess that means its time to start focusing on cosmetic mods. Hopefully some new carbon fiber treats for the September drive? I really want switch100's Esprit wing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm hoping to be in for at least part of the trip. Spoke to Boarderag about how much fun the last one was. Can't imagine that number of GTRs coming down the highway. Did a run up to Crystal with 16 Cayennes a few weeks ago, went on a few forest service roads, not GTR territory but a blast in a Cayenne!

Damn I think i will be the slowest GTR on the next drive. Oh well I guess that means its time to start focusing on cosmetic mods. Hopefully some new carbon fiber treats for the September drive? I really want switch100's Esprit wing.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Let us know asap to a date. Dont want the wifey to book me again for something like last cruise. I do have a tentative event brewing for me w/e of 9/9.

Stu

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Let us know asap to a date. Dont want the wifey to book me again for something like last cruise. I do have a tentative event brewing for me w/e of 9/9.

Stu
Sept 24th , looking forward to it

1 - 20 of 111 Posts