Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
R35 member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 GTR (unmodded, LC3). I've launched it a handful of times. I make sure I've been driving for a while so the tires and fluids are warm. I've noticed that about 50% of the time, the launch is awesome, and, the other 50%, there will be a major "bog" for a split second, before it "kicks in" (after I release the brake). I don't notice traction control coming on, so I'm not sure that this is related to wheel spin. I will typically hold both pedals down for around 2 seconds before lifting the brake foot.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this common/normal?

Thanks in advance for replies.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
In-cabin settings?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have the same car.
I noticed the faster you actually launch the harder it will launch.

1) R-R-R
2) Manual mode
3) Press 100% brake
4) Floor pedal
5) delay <--- This is what i'm talking about. (if goes to 3300rpm and go right away vs waiting 3 seconds or whatever)
6) Release brake

·
Registered
166 Posts
Use LC4 from Cobb, you can launch with VDC off and hooks up every time.
Launch rpm limited to 3300 still on 2011 USDM cars.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
i experienced the bog a few nights back to, the first time actually - i just put it down to the traction control kicking in as i had it in VDC-R and wasn't on a smooth surface (sideways incline)

·
Registered
821 Posts
I own a 11 and am very familiar with lc3. It is the TC kicking in. I am not sure how hard it would be for cobb to make a vdc off map for the lc3 but I think it would be a good launch control if it were not for traction control.

·
R35 member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad to hear this is a common issue. I guess road surface and tire-temps will be important then, to avoid the TC kicking in....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.