Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed LC4 in my 2009 modified GTR. Car drives and shifts smoother, but when I put it in gear, and take my foot off the brake, it creeps forward. It didn't seem to do this before- i.e. the car wouldn't move until you stepped on the throttle.

I also noticed that when I launch it and I have the brake pressed, and slam the throttle, it feels like the clutches are 'draggin' for a second (car feels like it wants to lurch forward on the brakes).

I did the gear relearn, and all settings are at "0".

Anyone else that has done this upgrade have similar results?

TIA.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Yes thats correct, thats one of the ways it makes it smoother on takeoff. You can dial it back with negative touch points especially on the odd clutch.

Try -1 or -2.

On launch LC4 also slips the clutch a bit after the initial "hit" of the clutch from a start.

The transmissions are made by hand, and all seem to have a bit different personality, some of it is ECU tuning, and the other part is the physical transmission itself.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes thats correct, thats one of the ways it makes it smoother on takeoff. You can dial it back with negative touch points especially on the odd clutch.

Try -1 or -2.

On launch LC4 also slips the clutch a bit after the initial "hit" of the clutch from a start.

The transmissions are made by hand, and all seem to have a bit different personality, some of it is ECU tuning, and the other part is the physical transmission itself.
Cool. I will try that and keep you updated! Thx!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
What do the 'clutch torque' settings change?

I adjusted the Touch point to -1 and it seemed to reduce the creep quite a bit.
Glad that worked for you.

The clutch torque is basically how much pressure it puts on the clutches, if you turn it up it will apply more clutch pressure. So it will shift a bit firmer/jerkier. If you are getting clutch slip then its a good idea to turn it up so it holds the power.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have been on LC4 for a few weeks now and for daily driving it seems to be the best.

I have noticed that if I set my touch points to anything under +2, I hear alot of clutch "rattle" at stops and in park.

My only gripe, and it may not be LC4 related, is when I am cruising in A abd want to pass someone, the cat will downshift then immediately upshift a second later. A little annoying and I'm not sure if I noticed that on LC2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.