Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
COBB Tuning Firmware Engineer (Hacker)
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a long time coming but Will and I have just posted an updated ALPHA firmware that has the ability to do Gear learning on the LC4 TCM. It also has the ability to adjust the Touch points on the LC4.

If you already have the ALPHA firmware and have APManager set up to look for ALPHA firmware, just update your AccessPORT and you'll get the new firmware.

Once a few others have tried the new firmware we'll work on releasing it as a full release update. If you have any questions let me know.

Joe

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply Joe!

Myself and I'm sure many others on the forums are dying to know how close you are at getting the Cobb version of LC4 to work on the 2010 at 4100rpms.

·
CMD
1,130 Posts
This is AWESOME news, thanks Joe!! Main reason I took off LC4 from my 09 is because of erratic idle behavior when going from P-D or P-R and sometimes when taking off (non-LC) from a stand still. After talking to a few folks, I mainly attributed that to the fact that we couldn't do gear learning with LC4, so I'm stoked that this should address the issue!

·
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is AWESOME news, thanks Joe!! Main reason I took off LC4 from my 09 is because of erratic idle behavior when going from P-D or P-R and sometimes when taking off (non-LC) from a stand still. After talking to a few folks, I mainly attributed that to the fact that we couldn't do gear learning with LC4, so I'm stoked that this should address the issue!
Let me know how it goes. I'm all most positive that the learning will take care of it.

Joe

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Just did an LC4 gear learn on my 09, seems to of worked (I sat in the car while it went through the gears) but I haven't driven it yet.

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
it does work.....thanks a million.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Tested on EDM 2009.. relearn, cc, tp works fine. After the relearn the LC4 give a bit less creep and is now silky smooth.

Stock Style LC gives 1500 launch rpm (RRR and CC and TP at 0)
VDC OFF Stock Style LC4 gives 4500 launch rpm (RRR and CC and TP at 0)

cant wait till adjustable launch rpm is out.. will this feature be in the AccessPort or Accesstuner Pro/Race?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
This may be the wrong thread but now that this is available (ie TP's and clutch learning), what do you guys think about using LC4 on a 2010 for road course use (ie would not be launching anyway), but the smoother shifting would seem to be a plus and easier on the tranny on a road course. Just curious. Have not really heard that question addressed. At the same time in the current version what is the approximate launch rpm for the 2010's (ie is it higher or lower then the standard LC2?) If higher how much (ie 3000 vs 2500, etc).

·
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tested on EDM 2009.. relearn, cc, tp works fine. After the relearn the LC4 give a bit less creep and is now silky smooth.

Stock Style LC gives 1500 launch rpm (RRR and CC and TP at 0)
VDC OFF Stock Style LC4 gives 4500 launch rpm (RRR and CC and TP at 0)

cant wait till adjustable launch rpm is out.. will this feature be in the AccessPort or Accesstuner Pro/Race?
It will be a part of the AccessTUNER PRO software, and the AccessTUNER Race software. The prototype that Thistle did, allows you to set the RPM differently in each calibration. So each map could contain up to 9 different launch RPMs.

Joe

·
Registered
166 Posts
Joe

Confirmed working on 2011 USDM.
Was able to perform clutch relearn and set CC/TP to +1.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.