Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 258 Posts

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
I Installed the LC5 Alpha Software from Cobb into my AP 006 and sent my custom tuned Jack C map to Joe.
He returned the map with a 4100rpm LC4 launch.

LC5 now officially works on my 2010.

Here is how to install the Cobb alpha firmware #: 1.6.5.1-3587 into your 09-12 GT-R

First uninstall the Cobb software from your car entirely. Then.....

1. Run new version AccessPORT Manager http://www.accessecu...tup-2.0.2.1.exe

2. Go to the "Options" Tab.

3. Copy the "Options" configuration from the below screen shot.

4. Go to "Updates"
5. Update your AccessPORT
6. Once you've updated your AccessPORT you should be on version alpha firmware #: 1.6.5.1-3587

Then install the AccessPORT. After you have installed your ECU tune the AP will ask you what TCM tune you would like to install. Choose the "KB51B Stock Style LC4 VDC off"

If you want to have the 2012/13 Launch control on your car send an email to Joe @ COBBTuning.com (remove the white spaces) and tell him you want LC4 launch on your GT-R! Make sure you tell him what year you have.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
just waiting on joe to send my map back (i just now emailed him) and im going to do the swap. so excited for lc4

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
thanks Joe, going to flash it over as soon as i get home!!!

Awesome customer service from an awesome company as usual!

·
Registered
369 Posts
That's great. I'm out of town for the month of March, but once I'm back I'd like to give LC4 a shot as well.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Got everything swapped out flawlessly and lc4 runs great.

VDC off launch felt very strong. I have no idea abut times but heres a little video I made

Only mod is a cobb off the shelf map

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
hey joe can i download the lc4 off the cobb web lik i did with the lc2

·
COBB Tuning Firmware Engineer (Hacker)
1,615 Posts
Just wondering are there any problems upgrading to LC4 regarding the gearbox. The new one has some tweaks and such to make it smoother, but these tweaks are absent in the pre 2012 GTR!
There are a few things that I have to modify in the TCM to get LC4 to work on the older GT-Rs, but they are limited to the launching of the GT-R. There are a bunch of users that have been running LC4 on their GT-Rs for a few months now, and I think everyone agrees that it is much smother.

Joe

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
koo thanks

·
Registered
701 Posts
Is there a breakdown of what makes LC4 so special? I have just the regular 2010 launch control, whatever version that is called.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Is there a breakdown of what makes LC4 so special? I have just the regular 2010 launch control, whatever version that is called.
Curious too - I have LC2 but the upgrade to being able to launch at 3300 and 3800 or whatever it is.

1 - 20 of 258 Posts