Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that on my car (2012), as LC4 gets ready to launch at 4000 RPM, the boost level seems to "lock" at minus 10 PSI.

Is this pre-set? Is it adjustable somehow/someway?

I have good traction, and I'd like to "push" this a bit, if I can.

Alexd

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
The throttles don't open enough to get you out of vacuum. It is not adjustable without tuning, I've coded a throttle open fuel cut launch that works but is having some firmware difficulties to get other to test. When tested on EDM 2009 and USDM 2009 it might make its way onto the USDM 2012 and others depending on the results, but it with great trepidation I've developed it at user request because it WILL break things.

·
Super Moderator
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yeah, you need more load on the engine than reving to get the PSI high enough from the turbos.

·
Super Moderator
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just have some power mods and your LC4 will be too powerful.
The proof might already be showing up. However, with drag-strips closed for the Season, it's hard to tell positively.

I'm starting to slip and twist a bit on a LC4 launch, with continuing full throttle and no modulation. However, I recognize that cold asphalt may also be playing into this...

Alexd
P.S. Two more recent mods, plus increased boost/tune since this thread was started.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Thistle, What do you think is worst or harder on the tranny, LC4 with vdc off or nis 006 launching at 4300 rpm vdc off. I ask cause lc4 feels alot harder on the tranny vs the other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts