Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a rainy day here in CT and with the dyno out (waiting for it's replacement) I've been working away with new TCM stuff ;)

Hopefully the weather clears up before our track rental on Monday so we can do more Launch Control testing !

Anyways we installed LC5 in our GTR which has been running on LC4 for a while now - and I like it.

It seems like the car slips the clutch more when taking off from a stop.

It also seems like the car stays in 4th & 5th longer when in Auto and just cruising down the road

Launch Control still works in all modes - but I still haven't launched it yet.

I'm gonna get off and do more driving so i can bring more feed back.

-John

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Yes I agree - however our car leave so dam well.

I have a launch video, but left it on Jim's phone - I'll post it tomorrow
I'm sure on stock turbos its fine.. (cobb lc2 006 and stock turbos can achieve 1.4x )

what I'm talking about is the bigger turbo setups.. we are suffering right now as the turbos take that extra sec to load..

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sure on stock turbos its fine.. (cobb lc2 006 and stock turbos can achieve 1.4x )

what I'm talking about is the bigger turbo setups.. we are suffering right now as the turbos take that extra sec to load..
We have the HKS GT800 kit with upgraded wheels - so it's no snail - but the billet wheels comes on like a mofo

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
I hear you Jonh.. I guess my question is can or has the ECUtek produced boost off the line? If not, will they have they add that feature?.. I know I'm beating the horse but besides ProEFI making boost off the line.. I have yet to see another software do it right...

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear you Jonh.. I guess my question is can or has the ECUtek produced boost off the line? If not, will they have they add that feature?.. I know I'm beating the horse but besides ProEFI making boost off the line.. I have yet to see another software do it right...
Your not beating a dead horse - I think both EcuTek & Cobb hear you loud and clear.

Only time will tell...

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
What do you mean by this? We've been running LC5 on our GT-R for about a week now. I'm still trying to figure out if LC5 really any different than LC4.

Joe
has lc4 for 2010s been released yet?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Slightly off topic - Joe....My 2010 has your LC4 on currently (no launch control as of yet) which works fine on the street. However for the first time I will be going to Santa Pod (UK) shortly for a RWYB. What LC would you suggest for 2010 with around 530 WHP?

·
Registered
634 Posts
I can tell you from first hand expereince this week, LC4 on 2010, it launches like crap. I blew the doors off every stock turbod GTR in the top end but launching at 1800rpm wasn't doing much for the car out of the hole. I just didn't feel like changing it to another launch control just for the 1/4 test yesterday. It drives much better around down with LC4 though, that is for sure.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
she jumps good... those HKS 800's light up quickly.

·
COBB Tuning Firmware Engineer (Hacker)
1,615 Posts
Slightly off topic - Joe....My 2010 has your LC4 on currently (no launch control as of yet) which works fine on the street. However for the first time I will be going to Santa Pod (UK) shortly for a RWYB. What LC would you suggest for 2010 with around 530 WHP?
Send me an email and we'll talk. joe @ cobbtuning.com

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.