Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I like turtles!
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up my 2012 on Saturday and unfortunately in my seven hour drive home with it, about four hours were in the rain. I had other cars in the driveway and was too tired to move them around to get it into the garage so it then sat in the rain for about 18 more hours (rained all night Saturday and through Sunday). I got into the trunk this morning to remove some papers I had thrown in there while at the dealer and found that the ones that were in the very rear corner on the passenger side were wet. I felt around on the carpet and it was only wet right in the corner and only on that side. Not like ring out the carpet wet but clearly damp.

Unfortunately since the car was both driven in the rain for hours and then rained on for a day, I have no way of knowing when it got wet or what the source of the water is. Has anyone run into this?

·
Alpha 10
3,763 Posts
First off, congrats on the car, I have never heard of such thing...hmm thats very weird. I really doubt that it would leaked unless you had the trunk open, but at the lowest point.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Guess if it happens again, you can lock a friend in the trunk and then poor water over the back to see where it comes in..

·
GO GATORS !!
627 Posts
It's possible you may have accidently hit the trunk release. There's a reason I say this

Also, you can completely dry it out and put a water hose to it and find out for sure.

Good Luck and Congrats !!

·
Your ad here! ;-)
627 Posts
Congrats! I had the same thing on my initial drive too. My trunk would not close for some reason if I opened it with a key. I'd have to open the car, hit trunk release, only then it would close. Trunk matt was damp when I opened it.

Although... could be also from dealership prep - maybe they wet vac'd trunk? Did you find any dead hooker smell coming from there?

·
I like turtles!
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah; good idea on checking the trunk release, I'll verify it tonight when I go for a drive.

I didn't take a UV light to it yet but I don't think there was any dead hooker transporting going on; maybe someone from the dealership was in the trunk late at night for some weird GT-R fetish; blech lol.

G

·
when i press down on the spoiler, the wing and trunk move about 1/2 inch. i've played with the little rubber stoppers but they are a joke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts