Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we've all had them. Stories about the general public's lack of awareness of this awesome car. One I posted some time ago was the young woman who asked me if my GT-R was the newest model of the Altima. Old story, but, here's latest. Let's hear/see yours.

Went to Wal*Mart to pick up a spare fertilizer/chemical spreader as my son borrows mine all of the time and doesn't return it, and parked right at the exit/entrance of the garden shop to see if it would fit, folded up, in the trunk of the GTR. No dice, but a somewhat well dressed older woman, likely younger than I by a decade
, stops me and what appeared almost like a scorn on her face and queries me on what kind of car I was driving? I almost got the impression she was going to chastise me for riding a gas guzzler. I told her it was a Nissan GT-R but got a big question mark on her face, no smile yet and that uncomfortable silence as if I just told her Avogadro's Number. Then I just said it's Nissan's sports car. Thinking I'm not going to get a tongue-lashing. Unabashedly she says, "Nice car." I then asked her if she wanted to see my etchings
. Last sentence of course not true.

·
Registered
861 Posts
sad but true...our cars are 8===D magnets. women never really look at my car or care for it. only dudes....i can literally feel all their eyes as i drive

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sad but true...our cars are 8===D magnets. women never really look at my car or care for it. only dudes....i can literally feel all their eyes as i drive
And younger kids that play video games. I could be wrong but some 10 year olds referred to it as Godzilla. Think I knew that from somewhere but since I don't play video games all I could think of after Godzilla was Mothra? That's old, huh?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Great read. Very funny. My Supra was brutal that way, but even men often didn't know what it was. From an area where there was only 2 others, I was asked often if it was the new Camaro, what kinda Corvette it was. But those that did, swooned something fierce..... annoying at times.
Read on, seems the GT-R doesn't rate any better on the jalopnik.com site. Here's the quote below the GT-R. Perhaps when I told the scornful woman it was a Nissan Sports Car, and she replied "Nice Car", it was really out of pity. C'mon Dude, a Nissan, don't they make Maxima's?

What was that Ford sports car in the 90's, thought to only be a chick car (perhaps like the tennis playing, soccer-mom BMW series 3 convertible?)

3.) Nissan GT-R

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Non-car loving girls have no clue what it is, until you tell them you drive a Nissan and they look away. The people who do know that the car is capable of are almost all college dudes. Unless you carry a GameCube in your backpack and want to chill, that's not great.[/background]

·
Registered
739 Posts
drive something else if you want holes.....GTR is for your driving pleasure!

anyway, I just did a test with 3 girls age between 21-23.....
I put the GTR picture on screen and ask them what car is that. and if a guy come to pick you up with that car, what will you guess the car price.

Girl A
Hum...I dont know cars, but is a Nissan right? the logo I can tell. is a sports car. nah I don't know how much, but is a Nissan.

Girl B
hum I don't know, but I think is a nissan.....is this the one I heard they made with some aerospace material? is expensive?

Girl C
errr...is a Nissan. I don't know the model but is the one thats everwhere right? I think is around $30k. No I won't go out with him.

Morale of the story....drive something else if you want holes.

·
R33 Member
958 Posts

·
R33 Member
958 Posts

I put the GTR picture on screen and ask them what car is that. and if a guy come to pick you up with that car, what will you guess the car price.

Girl A
Hum...I dont know cars, but is a Nissan right? the logo I can tell. is a sports car. nah I don't know how much, but is a Nissan.

Girl B
hum I don't know, but I think is a nissan.....is this the one I heard they made with some aerospace material? is expensive?

Girl C
errr...is a Nissan. I don't know the model but is the one thats everwhere right? I think is around $30k. No I won't go out with him.

Funny but true ....

·
Registered
307 Posts
And younger kids that play video games. I could be wrong but some 10 year olds referred to it as Godzilla. Think I knew that from somewhere but since I don't play video games all I could think of after Godzilla was Mothra? That's old, huh?
Not sure why you are equating Godzilla to video games. It was a movie franchise that started in the 1950s as commentary on the use of atomic weapons. Skylines have been referred to as Gozilla for decades for their formidable tuning potential.

·
WHITE NINJA
4,182 Posts
Ok, we've all had them. Stories about the general public's lack of awareness of this awesome car. One I posted some time ago was the young woman who asked me if my GT-R was the newest model of the Altima. Old story, but, here's latest. Let's hear/see yours.

Went to Wal*Mart to pick up a spare fertilizer/chemical spreader as my son borrows mine all of the time and doesn't return it, and parked right at the exit/entrance of the garden shop to see if it would fit, folded up, in the trunk of the GTR. No dice, but a somewhat well dressed older woman, likely younger than I by a decade
, stops me and what appeared almost like a scorn on her face and queries me on what kind of car I was driving? I almost got the impression she was going to chastise me for riding a gas guzzler. I told her it was a Nissan GT-R but got a big question mark on her face, no smile yet and that uncomfortable silence as if I just told her Avogadro's Number. Then I just said it's Nissan's sports car. Thinking I'm not going to get a tongue-lashing. Unabashedly she says, "Nice car." I then asked her if she wanted to see my etchings
. Last sentence of course not true.
hahahaahahaha on the altima

·
Registered
996 Posts
I pulled up in my driveway on day one of owning the GTR and my neighbor says get did you get a new car...I said yes...he goes,, is that the new Altima? I'm glad I'm not the only one with that experience. Taking off the nissan badge is the best thing I did to prevent my car from being compared to an Altima

Sent from my SGH-T999 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
346 Posts
I was out for coffee with my Mercedes sales rep. Her and I were just finishing up on the patio, and I noticed some young kid gawking at my shiny new SL63.

Talked to the kid briefly (under 14 I think, I dunno) and he seems to know a bit about cars, but my merc was a mystery for him. He asked if he could go for a ride in it, I said sure, just down to the lights.

We set off, top down, v8 bellowing behind us. Kid says 'Gee mister, this is pretty nice, but you shoulda got a GT-R'

Six months later I bought a GT-R, and my merc sits collecting dust.

·
R33 Member
958 Posts
I was out for coffee with my Mercedes sales rep. Her and I were just finishing up on the patio, and I noticed some young kid gawking at my shiny new SL63.

Talked to the kid briefly (under 14 I think, I dunno) and he seems to know a bit about cars, but my merc was a mystery for him. He asked if he could go for a ride in it, I said sure, just down to the lights.

We set off, top down, v8 bellowing behind us. Kid says 'Gee mister, this is pretty nice, but you shoulda got a GT-R'

Again validates the popularity of the GTR amongst the young/youth ... nice story

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts

Lmao! Great story! My sls went bye bye's when I got the GTR!

·
GT-R Addict
300 Posts

Girl A

Girl B

Girl C

You said it right , if you want holes buy a BMW (Brings Me Women). lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.