1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 FBO
HKS Legamax exhaust
HKS trans cooler
Previous owner had it tuned with ecutek.

I'm hoping someone who has had a similar experience can guide me in the right direction as this doesn't sound like the "typical" GTR problems and I'm thinking maybe a front differential?

Details-
The AWD light is flashing.
T/M service message came up. (Don't have a code reader)
I just had a HKS trans cooler intalled
Paddle shifters are inop, and not detected.
Car will NOT go into manual whatsoever.
I have all gears, but just drives like a Hyundai sonata.
I noticed other "alerts" on the cluster that I've never seen before-
1. "UP SHIFT" - when I click on it, it allows me to change the rpm setting up to 6400, then it goes to OFF and AUTO.
2.the other one says "TIMER" and just switches some sort of timer up and down by .5 increments.

When driving it, it's just basically in limp mode, won't go past 35 and it has all gears, including R. I noticed that the torque split /Diff meter doesn't move towards AWD when I hit the gas, and It only stays on the bottom towards RWD when moving.

Shifter also feels like it's very heavy now, you really have to pull it hard to put the car in drive and any other gear. Anyone ever experience this issue?

·
Registered
352 Posts
If you have ecutek ,you will able to read the codes from there
How long it happen after you get the car back with tranny cooler installed?If its right at the moment or a drive after installed,ask if they performed a transmission relearn?use ecutek to clear the codes and perfrom a transmission relearn.Good luck!

Reactions: GTRHOLIC

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have ecutek ,you will able to read the codes from there
How long it happen after you get the car back with tranny cooler installed?If its right at the moment or a drive after installed,ask if they performed a transmission relearn?use ecutek to clear the codes and perfrom a transmission relearn.Good luck!
It was previously tuned with ecutek, unfortunately I don’t have one. Another thing I noticed is that it takes a lot of force to move the gear shifter from P to D and R, feels like I’m pulling a 20 lbs weight in order to shift, very rough engagements.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
My questions would be who installed the trans cooler and was the trans cooler new or used? May be worth getting an ecutek to help shed some light on it. Keep
Us posted and goodluck

·
Super Moderator
3,509 Posts
The HKS transmission cooler is not a pump-based system like some of the other ones. Its really hard to mess up the install. Recheck anything electrical that was disconnected.

Try to get someone to perform a gear relearn on the gearbox as well.

·
Registered
352 Posts
It was previously tuned with ecutek, unfortunately I don’t have one. Another thing I noticed is that it takes a lot of force to move the gear shifter from P to D and R, feels like I’m pulling a 20 lbs weight in order to shift, very rough engagements.
if you don't have a ecutek,you need to buy one.The bluetooth connects to the OBD2, and ecutek phone app, you can see the codes, and do a clutch relearn, also find out who was the original tuner.
Most likely you didnt have Ecutek, and the shop did not know it has to be perfrom a clutch relearn with every transmission fluid change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts