Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can see that these are supercores using the stock manifold, so I assume any aftermarket downpipe will probably still work, looks like they have the elbow welded onto the compressor side to attach to stock location intercooler piping, but what about intake or oil lines etc. Does anyone know what else would be required to swap these onto an otherwise FBO GTR?

I know some have the g25-660 which I presume (Although they are slightly smaller) would require the same modifications if any, looking for any information out there.

·
R35 Owner
669 Posts
I can see that these are supercores using the stock manifold, so I assume any aftermarket downpipe will probably still work, looks like they have the elbow welded onto the compressor side to attach to stock location intercooler piping, but what about intake or oil lines etc. Does anyone know what else would be required to swap these onto an otherwise FBO GTR?

I know some have the g25-660 which I presume (Although they are slightly smaller) would require the same modifications if any, looking for any information out there.
Bit

Linney Turbo kits, which he makes a G25-660 bolt right on like oem. I have his g30-770 kit and required no modification to fit the turbos on. Yes you can use any DP you want.

·
Vendor
214 Posts
I don't believe the come with inlets or lines but I could be wrong.

Eric?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info! Does anyone know what core is used in The BL1200 turbo? Seems like there are 3 turbos in this "class" right now. This one from linney (stock turbofold), the bl1200 (stock turbofold), and the tsm elite, ranging from $7-$10k.

And by class I mean max out the rod/piston build 1200-1400awhp.

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
Class typically means sanctioned racing (think GTR Wolrd Cup) stock manifold turbos.

The Primes replaced the elites and there are class and non-class options that max out 1500+.

IIRC BL1200X also uses the stock manifolds.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Class typically means sanctioned racing (think GTR Wolrd Cup) stock manifold turbos. The Primes replaced the elites and there are class and non-class options that max out 1500+. IIRC BL1200X also uses the stock manifolds.
agreed poor choice of words there thus the quotes. I guess to be clear what I am looking for is turbos that will work well for the full effort street car. Meaning, stock crank, 6-injector, shep 1k builds. the 1200-1400whp range.

·
Vendor
214 Posts
agreed poor choice of words there thus the quotes. I guess to be clear what I am looking for is turbos that will work well for the full effort street car. Meaning, stock crank, 6-injector, shep 1k builds. the 1200-1400whp range.
Our ELITE Primes would be your best bet for what you're after. On a stock crank engine we will see 1250-1300hp.

If you decide to build a billet crank engine with the supporting mods then 1400+

·
Registered
613 Posts
FWIW, I am planning a very similar build. Shep 1k, staying with stock ECU, 6 injectors, etc. I too looked at the BL1200x, Elite Plus (used), Elite Prime and even the Alpha 10x kit despite it not being stock frame. I emailed with Nathan and Jan, Doug Ross and others. I bought a set of Primes. They are amazing pieces and from the dyno graphs I've seen and the 1/4 mile time slips, I was sold.

·
Vendor
214 Posts
FWIW, I am planning a very similar build. Shep 1k, staying with stock ECU, 6 injectors, etc. I too looked at the BL1200x, Elite Plus (used), Elite Prime and even the Alpha 10x kit despite it not being stock frame. I emailed with Nathan and Jan, Doug Ross and others. I bought a set of Primes. They are amazing pieces and from the dyno graphs I've seen and the 1/4 mile time slips, I was sold.
Enjoy them brother!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Haha, I actually bought primes. But the new zeneth kit was supposed to be announced like three weeks before tx2k, there were several there doing great numbers, even some members here who have them, but no official announcement yet.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.