Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
THAT GUY
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the thread say's looking for a Saturday night car.Will put a cap on it at 70K,any suggestions. Tim

·
THAT GUY
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AMS has a tuned 996 for 60k,but just want a nice going out car,would like 4 doors but not mandatory.Just something i can take the wife on a date with and not worry about the valet tearin my shit up

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Ohh, that kind of Saturday car. My neighbor has a E63. That thing hauls ass and sounds great too! I'm not completely sold on the updated looks, but those motors can be had pre-facelift.

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
My buddy down there just got a new decked out pearl white Murano. For the money it's really pretty amazing. The seats are THE most comfortable I've ever put my ass in. fyi, he's about the same size as you and he loves it.
A well appointed LE is 42k MSRP. Too low rent for you?

·
Stop the persecution of Falun Gong
224 Posts
Infiniti FX50 is nice.

60-70k'ish depending on options.

Looks awesome.

390 hp.

Winning.

·
THAT GUY
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My buddy down there just got a new decked out pearl white Murano. For the money it's really pretty amazing. The seats are THE most comfortable I've ever put my ass in. fyi, he's about the same size as you and he loves it. Too low rent for you?
No such thing as to low rent...LOL..I'm a dive bar fan.

·
THAT GUY
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have been cross shopping a Infinity M56S with a left over 2010 MB E550 or buy another S550,used of course.I'm just overwhelmed with choices.Looking to get a good bang for the buck,just like the GTR....

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
No such thing as to low rent...LOL..I'm a dive bar fan.
Well, there are obviously faster Sat "date night" cars out there, but if you're out for a relaxing evening, and not out to do any light to light sprints against whatever, you can't beat the Murano LE for creature comforts.

·
Vendor
3,602 Posts
Hi Tim,
If I were you I would look at an amg Mercedes. I have owned quite a few over the years. Ride quality and performance is very good. About the only complaint I have had about Mercedes in general is that there navigation systems are horrible IMHO. If you don't need a 4 door the SL 55's are alot of car for the money. Good luck and be sure and post up what you get

·
THAT GUY
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Tim,
If I were you I would look at an amg Mercedes. I have owned quite a few over the years. Ride quality and performance is very good. About the only complaint I have had about Mercedes in general is that there navigation systems are horrible IMHO. If you don't need a 4 door the SL 55's are alot of car for the money. Good luck and be sure and post up what you get
Thanks Jason
If i got a SL55 that would be my wifes new favorite car"what women doesn't like them".Thanks for the input Jason.......BTW she hates my GTR and Chevelle,calls them my mistresses

·
Vendor
3,602 Posts
Thanks Jason
If i got a SL55 that would be my wifes new favorite car"what women doesn't like them".Thanks for the input Jason.......BTW she hates my GTR and Chevelle,calls them my mistresses
That's so funny you say that. I bought an SL55 a few years ago for my wife to drive for the summer. She loved it and I really enjoyed the car as well. Your wife is similar minded to mine. She disliked all my old muscle cars and has grown to dislike my GTR due to all the mods. But I promised her my next car will remain "relatively" stock

·
Registered
805 Posts
Tim, if you're set on a 4 door car you can get a preowned S600. Put a tune on it and you might even be able to hit 10's! As luxurious as you can get, smooth, and gobs full of torque. Other options are the CTS-V which can be a 10 second car with minor mods and without making it sound like a nascar. If you want something different and maybe something more versatile, look into the BMW X6M. I wouldn't recommend an M car since they are a bit clunky and torqueless and the wife will probably not enjoy it but this car is different. I never liked the X6 when it first came out but the other night a white X6M came out for some runs. It was such a beautiful ride in person and not just that but it was walking a 120mph trapping Evo. Not bad for a truck!

If convertible 2 seater is permitted then the SL55 or 600 is perfect. A used Aston may cause problems. A preowned Bentley Continental GT is a bit higher than 70k from what I last remember but they have an incredible interior and a super smooth ride.

Best of luck, Tim!

·
Registered
791 Posts
I own a Murano LE (it's for sale because I moved up to Audi S4). The Murano is a terrific vehicle. LE has heated rear seats too. And the AWD gets you through snow without any problem.

Obviously, the S4 is nicer.... but I find myself more worried about it than when I had the Murano.

·
Registered
17 Posts
you could absolutely get a bentley GT for this price point. Depreciation is this car's biggest issue, so just enjoy the perks of the used market and let someone take the bullet for you. There is nothing like a GT, comfortable, classy, and rock solid. its no drag car, but no slouch either.

http://www.twincitiesluxuryauto.com/detail-2005-bentley-continental-2dr_cpe_gt-used-7032661.html

it only took me a few mins to find this, I know you can get close or under your 70K ceiling through a private seller or a little elbow grease.

·
THAT GUY
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I love Bentley's.My only concern is that there stupid expensive to maintain.Have a buddy who has 3 of them tells me it a grand just to get the oil changed.The Caddy Cts-v is a cool car been checking them out.Keep the ideas coming guys thanks Tim

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I own a Murano LE (it's for sale because I moved up to Audi S4). The Murano is a terrific vehicle. LE has heated rear seats too. And the AWD gets you through snow without any problem.
I just have a basic Murano S AWD and really do love the car, even with a much larger budget I don't see why I would switch brands. I'd either get the LE Murano, which really is a nice ride or an FX Infinity.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts