Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,908 Posts
Just picked up a 2017 GT-R!

Looking to see if anybody knows which dealer has GT-R technicians.

I read on an old post that Boardwalk Nissan had them but they are now apparently closed permanently.

View attachment 402364
And, the facility has to be GT-R Certified, or the GT-R certified technician can't work on it, even for an oil change!
That's the situation near me in Illinois.

Alexd

·
Registered
479 Posts
I reached out to Jason @ Boardwalk Nissan a few weeks back for a AP Racing BBK install and it seems they were still in operation. One of their GTR techs, Vince, was out due to surgery but my understanding they are still there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I reached out to Jason at Boardwalk Nissan on April 6, 2022 to find out that the GTR Tech, Vince, no longer works there and they are no longer servicing GTR. Jason aimed me at Golden Gate Nissan. I called them to find out that the pre-purchased maintenance I purchased from Nissan when I bought the car is no honored there, nor do they do warranty work on GTR's.
I have called the dealer in Burlingame and found out they do not have a GTR Tech. Does anyone know a Bay Area peninsula dealer that has a GTR tech and does warranty service? I will keep Race Factory in Campbell in mind, but it sucks to pay for something I already paid for :(

·
Registered
479 Posts
Recently had a CEL light come on for thermostat and yaw sensor codes. I took it to Stevens Creek Nissan yesterday and they charged $520 for a diagnostic! .. Turns out my cooler sensor also needed replacing.

I think they have a certified GTR tech but not sure if they do warranty work. May be worth calling and checking.

They are hella expensive though... $520 for diagnostic, $880 for thermostat & gasket, and $845 for coolant sensor repairs... Called another shop called "The Driveway" in San Jose who installed my AP Racing BBK last week. Got quoted $800 for the same repairs and saves $1K. I'd recommend them

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think Redwood does warranty work. But dont quote me on it
Redwood City is Boardwalk Nissan. They no longer have a GTR Tech so no more GTR work. I called Nissan USA this week and they have not found an authorized GTR Dealer in the Bay Area with a GTR Tech. That means for warranty work the closest is Los Angeles area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is what I got working with Nissan USA for dealers in the Bay Area with a GTR tech.
  1. Premier Nissan of San Jose has 3 GTR Techs
  2. Hanlees Hilltop Nissan in Richmond has 1 GTR Tech
  3. Golden State Nissan in Daly City has 1 GTR Tech - Note they are not an authorized Nissan Dealer, so no warranty work
Dealers confirmed with no GTR Techs
  • Nissan of Burlingame
  • San Leandro Nissan
  • Stevens Creek Nissan
  • Hayward Nissan
  • Dublin Nissan
  • Premier Nissan of Fremont
  • Concord Nissan
  • Boardwalk Nissan of Redwood City

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here is what I got working with Nissan USA for dealers in the Bay Area with a GTR tech.
  1. Premier Nissan of San Jose has 3 GTR Techs
  2. Hanlees Hilltop Nissan in Richmond has 1 GTR Tech
  3. Golden State Nissan in Daly City has 1 GTR Tech - Note they are not an authorized Nissan Dealer, so no warranty work
Dealers confirmed with no GTR Techs
  • Nissan of Burlingame
  • San Leandro Nissan
  • Stevens Creek Nissan
  • Hayward Nissan
  • Dublin Nissan
  • Premier Nissan of Fremont
  • Concord Nissan
  • Boardwalk Nissan of Redwood City
San Leandro Nissan ?? listen to my little story, last year, my 2018 10k regular service, went there 1st time, they checked and advised me to change the front lower arm bushing, and the rear tran pinion leak......all about 6.7k ...USD of coz under warranty. Thing was, in and out , they added 10 miles , and somehow my onboard camera / DVR was unpluged , one clip showed my car drove up to the front of the service area then suddenly all black screen ( mean someone unplug the power again ) why ??? joy ride and try the auto launch ..........??????? of course I texted the guy / advisor why was that ? and of course he never answer my question ever since ......................!!!!!!

p.s. and someone for sure was sitting on the passenger side, coz the plastic door guard was scratched ........!!!! bottom line if he answer my question by making story, I don't mind at all but he don't bother to return the text or simply he had no control of the tech guys doing ...........!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to hear your bad experience and appreciate your sharing the information to our community in hopes for all of us to apply lessons-learned. I also had an undesirable experience at a Nissan dealership when my GTR was serviced previously. With that being said, I would appreciate if anyone can recommend any reputable dealership/shop in Los Angeles and/or Orange County they can do my oil change. I have the oil, filter & drain plug already purchased. Also, I bought a cabin filter too that needs to be installed. I’ve reviewed several DIY in YouTube and read stories how to easily perform these activities. Knowing my luck I’ll just introduce another damage so I rather have someone with experience perform these activities. Thank you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry to hear your bad experience and appreciate your sharing the information to our community in hopes for all of us to apply lessons-learned. I also had an undesirable experience at a Nissan dealership when my GTR was serviced previously. With that being said, I would appreciate if anyone can recommend any reputable dealership/shop in Los Angeles and/or Orange County they can do my oil change. I have the oil, filter & drain plug already purchased. Also, I bought a cabin filter too that needs to be installed. I’ve reviewed several DIY in YouTube and read stories how to easily perform these activities. Knowing my luck I’ll just introduce another damage so I rather have someone with experience perform these activities. Thank you!
Check out SSR Performance. I believe they are in OC

1 - 20 of 20 Posts