Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
Do you know when that rally ends? my mods are almost finnished and i still havent found a tuner...
He should be back this week.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Rob Baker - my car drives smooth as factory, on pump or e. The build was done aiming for power under the curve, and my 1050X car runs better trap speeds than some folks in the "bigger blower" category (as indicated at some of the Pocono events over the last few years). I'm also an engineer and it's very handy to have a tuner who can properly lay out the mechanics, semantics, strategies, and functional boundaries between which optimization occurs. He's also great about refining customer tunes for use cases such as going to brush-less pumps or my having moved to the mountains last year, with no e85 for ~250mi at least, on a 12 injector car, which is driven across ranges of a scenic cruiser and something used to fold pavement like the folds on a mastiff... strong recommend for Rob Baker :)

·
Super Moderator
9,347 Posts
Rob Baker - my car drives smooth as factory, on pump or e. The build was done aiming for power under the curve, and my 1050X car runs better trap speeds than some folks in the "bigger blower" category (as indicated at some of the Pocono events over the last few years). I'm also an engineer and it's very handy to have a tuner who can properly lay out the mechanics, semantics, strategies, and functional boundaries between which optimization occurs. He's also great about refining customer tunes for use cases such as going to brush-less pumps or my having moved to the mountains last year, with no e85 for ~250mi at least, on a 12 injector car, which is driven across ranges of a scenic cruiser and something used to fold pavement like the folds on a mastiff... strong recommend for Rob Baker :)
Whats your set up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
He should be back this week.
want to thank you for introducing me to Sam Barros from powerlabs, he was straight forward and set me right. He didn't ignore all my questions or forget about me like the last tuner did. He also went above and beyond on my last revision which i feel my last tuner would've probably charged me for it. Happy to say i am fully FBO on sams tune and will stay that way for a long time till i go full big build within the next 2 years.

·
Super Moderator
9,347 Posts
want to thank you for introducing me to Sam Barros from powerlabs, he was straight forward and set me right. He didn't ignore all my questions or forget about me like the last tuner did. He also went above and beyond on my last revision which i feel my last tuner would've probably charged me for it. Happy to say i am fully FBO on sams tune and will stay that way for a long time till i go full big build within the next 2 years.
Good to hear.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts