Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

anyone here with a carbon roof - ill even take pics of vinyl carbon to see how it looks

im still 50:50 whether i want to do this with a satin clear on my solid black GTR

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump

if only ams zoomed out to see the whole car in their pics

·
Registered
333 Posts
domino_z ... I have vinyl wrap carbon roof on my car if you want to see the picture. But Ive ordered 'stick on' real carbon roof that wil arrive by the end of the month.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
thanks guys

but ive decided to bin this idea

going through the effort of removing the roof skin and installing a genuine carbon roof is just killed by all the carbon vinyl available on ebay these days

·
Garage Queen
328 Posts
Great looking car, bro.
Thanks for posting up!

·
Registered
333 Posts
How about installing the 'add on' carbon fiber roof? It is real carbon roof made of good quality carbon fiber and you don't have to remove actual stock roof but stick the carbon roof with 3M and silicon. According to my friend, it looks exactly like carbon fiber roof but saves all the trouble of removing the roof and everything.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
yeh i was speaking with ken from revozport about it, and i was very keen at one stage to order his, but overlays aren't really my thing

where are you getting yours from? post some pics up when you can

·
Registered
333 Posts
I know what you mean. But if you are in my country, you would not take off the roof as well. I wish I still live in Australia. The carbon overlay is the best option for me and would also look better than carbon vinyl that I currently have as well. I am getting mine from MB motorsport in Singapore. Hopefully the roof will arrive by the end of the month and I will post the pictures as soon as I get them.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Send your car to Austalia for major work or I'm told HKS in Thailand can do custom work as well.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
We have done quite a few. The one below features APR Front Lip, APR Sideskirts and APR Trunk Wing. the roof, hood trunk and the front bumper are covered in 3M Di-NOC:

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ahhhh carbon vinyl makes baby jesus call you a ricer

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
^^ I kinda agree. Evos put fake carbon fiber on their car, GTR's should be the real deal. Everything on this car is functional, using stickers kinda negates that.

·
Registered
469 Posts

·
Another GT-R
253 Posts
Some pics of my car with overlay CF roof in this thread http://www.nagtroc.o...__fromsearch__1 They are pretty cheap if you know where to buy them, but are a PITA to ship as they are very thin and flimsy and crack easy.
How is your carbon wrap so shiny? From what I was told by an installer, the 3M 1080 or even the DiNoc vinyl is only that shiny when first installed. Only real, gloss carbon fiber should be that shiny.

·
Registered
469 Posts
How is your carbon wrap so shiny? From what I was told by an installer, the 3M 1080 or even the DiNoc vinyl is only that shiny when first installed. Only real, gloss carbon fiber should be that shiny.
Maybe i i didnt explain good. My roof is not a wrap, but a real carbon roof. It is however an overlay on the real roof and not a changeout complete roof as AMS etc. My red roof is still under there.

·
Another GT-R
253 Posts
Maybe i i didnt explain good. My roof is not a wrap, but a real carbon roof. It is however an overlay on the real roof and not a changeout complete roof as AMS etc. My red roof is still under there.
Ah, ok. That makes a lot more sense. I thought you had some magical carbon wrap on your car that only you know about. LOL!

Where did you get the overlay pieces from? (front bumper, roof)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ah, ok. That makes a lot more sense. I thought you had some magical carbon wrap on your car that only you know about. LOL!

Where did you get the overlay pieces from? (front bumper, roof)
I will find the details and pm u tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts