Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

First of all, thanks for clicking on this link and for trying to help me out

So i recently had a debate on owning a nissan gtr vs. a porsche 911 turbo s.
after 6 months of hardcore research, i decided to get the nssan gtr, mainly because of the nissan reliabilty.

However, to keep the car up, i need to keep the car in good condition, this included oil changes, trans fluid changes, differential fluid changes, steering and brake fluids etc.

i am a DIY person and dont wish to go to the dealers for these rookie fixes. (however i will go to a dealer every 6 months for check ups
)

So, can anyone provide information on what to do to a gtr to keep it up and running

im 20 and getting a gtr for my 21st birthday

How much will be the insurance cost on the 14' gtr premium, and how much maintance will cost( tires, clutch, etc)

can anyone also please show steps on how to change oils, and fluids; or even show links.

I dont wish on tracking this gtr, but will go on long weekend rides

i get a 12k miles per year on my scion frs, and prob get the same on the gtr, or even less

Might be adding a stage 1 turbo later, but not anytime soon

Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
178 Posts
you going to be paying a lot for a GTR at that age. Just curious what are you doing to be able to buy a gtr at 21 lol.

·
Banned
736 Posts
Just follow the maintenance schedule. All you other questions can be answered by searching, they have been asked many times. Good luck, enjoy the car, and take it easy on the emoticons.

·
Registered
45 Posts
At 21 I would be worrying about school and work. Not buying a supercar. If you have to ask these questions you are not ready. At 21 I still had my 1998 civic that I had since 16 and had it through college.

But you do what's right for you. Do not listen to any one but you self. Even if everyone (including your mother ) says your crazy.

Sent from my SM-N900V using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
548 Posts
At 21 I would be worrying about school and work. Not buying a supercar. If you have to ask these questions you are not ready. At 21 I still had my 1998 civic that I had since 16 and had it through college.

But you do what's right for you. Do not listen to any one but you self. Even if everyone (including your mother ) says your crazy.

Sent from my SM-N900V using GT-R Life mobile app
He did mention that he's getting his gtr as his 21st bday gift, so at least his parents doesn't think he's crazy. ;)

Sent from Galaxy Note 3

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
I say go with state farm for insurance. I'm 27 and just bought a 15 premium, only pay 175$ a month full coverage for it. and that's with enough coverage to pay for it if I total it on a crash...

I switched to SF be cuz allstate wanted 300$+ a month full coverage...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Age aside,

most of the questions you asked could be found through search. There are tons of information and information you thought you wouldn't need that pop up as well.

I wouldn't start turning dealers down and call them rookies either... they make or break your balls about your warranty claims so better start getting friendly with them.

Where do you live btw, maybe you should hook up with some local gtr owners and have a good talk. Theres a lot to learn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts