Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! As the title states I am looking to build the engine, trans and upgrade the turbos on my 2015 GTR. When I bought the car, I only wanted to do simple bolt ons and MAYBE FBO. But after seeing all these videos and hearing peoples experience of owning a 800whp-1400whp GTR, I need to experience it myself lol! I will be happy with 800-900 whp, my question for those who have gone this route is this: How long did the entire build take, from start to finish? What shop did you go with and what turbo kit? (I live in New York) How much did it cost (if you don't mind answering)? Did any of you go over budget?

I am looking at a few in-house kits, one of which is of great quality and parts. I appreciate any and all input ahead of time!

Thank you!

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
You MUST go to IveyTune....local to NYC and does all work in house. Engine, Transmission, Tuning, and Installation of everything. Beyond tons of experience. You will be happy, and they will be glad to start with a fresh, untouched car. Contact Sean Ivey and he'll set u up with a proper build. I'd say Alpha 10 or Alpha 12 is your best bet, depending on fuel you want to use. You can save a little money going with a HKS1000 kit or something as well.

Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
You'll also save a lot on the ams alpha 10 or 12 in the next 3 days...you'd get a check back for 10% of money you spent. Probably thousands in savings. This is a black Friday sale that AMS is offering themselves

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! As the title states I am looking to build the engine, trans and upgrade the turbos on my 2015 GTR. When I bought the car, I only wanted to do simple bolt ons and MAYBE FBO. But after seeing all these videos and hearing peoples experience of owning a 800whp-1400whp GTR, I need to experience it myself lol! I will be happy with 800-900 whp, my question for those who have gone this route is this: How long did the entire build take, from start to finish? What shop did you go with and what turbo kit? (I live in New York) How much did it cost (if you don't mind answering)? Did any of you go over budget?

I am looking at a few in-house kits, one of which is of great quality and parts. I appreciate any and all input ahead of time!

Thank you!
Iveytune... no other option

I have had every level of build with him... currently up to A16

Sean and his crew make it a pleasure to do these kinds of builds... turn around time, quality of work, and final product you cant beat

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions... ill give you my # and we can chat

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Looks like timing is on your side.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Agreed... Ivey Tune plus AMS sale equals WIN. A lot of reputable shops out there including the shop that posted but nothing better than being within an hour of the shop you just had a 60 - 70k build done on.

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you're only looking for 800-900AWHP, I'd just build the short block and get a set of SIR USM's, as they are MUCH cheaper than the A10-12 kits and will get you in that range on E85. That, coupled with the usual bolt-on's, a good fuel kit, and a clutch upgrade will get you there, at the lowest cost. Your don't need to touch the heads, etc....

·
Registered
162 Posts
900-1000hp is the sweet spot I think. Still flexible and wicked quick. My buddy as an Alpha 12x and its scary fast.

·
Registered
642 Posts
If you are by NY I would agree with going to Iveytune. Don't bother with overthinking on this decision.

Sean once told me to keep it simple. I wish I'd listened. Trust me, listen to that man! He is no bullshit.

3.8 Alpha 10 with an "Ivey1K" trans is your best bet.

If budget is a concern then Alpha 9 or SiR USM with a 2.5 trans.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you so much everyone for your input, I really appreciate it. I'm making some phone calls first thing Monday morning. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts