Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I used Grifo Auto Transport. Have used others. Never a problem. They're all pretty much the same. They're brokers, they charge a fee and post it up on a board for truckers to pick from. The lower the price, sometimes the longer it takes. Go fully enclosed, it's only a few hundred more

·
Registered
117 Posts
Montway Auto Transport, worked with Ken ( [email protected]) ., St. Louis to San Diego $150 paid to Montway for the booking and $1,400 paid to the driver upon delivery. Enclosed carrier.
+1 for montway. They just delivered my GTR from California to Texas. I booked the transport last Saturday and I received the car today. From pick up to delivery only took 3 days and the driver kept me in the loop the whole way. I ended up paying 650 for an open transport and with the exception of the car being a little dirty which is going to happen with an open transport it was perfect no extra scratches or chips anywhere.

·
R35 Member
287 Posts
Where you located? LG exotic auto transport. Google them see what kind of cars they transport. I had mines picked up from Missouri and delivered to Long beach on time and not a single scratch on my car. They took care of my car and keep it stored and delivered it when it was time to ship.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Where you located? LG exotic auto transport. Google them see what kind of cars they transport. I had mines picked up from Missouri and delivered to Long beach on time and not a single scratch on my car. They took care of my car and keep it stored and delivered it when it was time to ship.
I booked with them at first, but cancelled when I found out they were not handling it directly. They were going to use another dispatching company which then contracted with the actual transport. Having 3 layers in the process added cost. I ended up contacting the dispatching company directly and working out a cheaper deal.

So go with LG if they are handling the transport themselves - especially in and out of LA. Otherwise, better options out there.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Reliable carriers is very large and well thought of. The Abrams family that owns the business are car lovers as well.

They are the carrier that does the transport for Barrett Jackson.

·
R35 Member
287 Posts
I booked with them at first, but cancelled when I found out they were not handling it directly. They were going to use another dispatching company which then contracted with the actual transport. Having 3 layers in the process added cost. I ended up contacting the dispatching company directly and working out a cheaper deal.

So go with LG if they are handling the transport themselves - especially in and out of LA. Otherwise, better options out there.
They are located in LA but it all depends where their transports are located in the US. If they are using another source they I would do the same and cancel but ask they if they will have their own transport truck there anytime soon. They mainly transport Lambo,s and Ferrari's so if they going to pick one up where you are at their transport can fit up to 4 vehicles. When they picked mines up had 2 Ferrari's in there. I heard they are the official Lamborghini transport company. I got referred to go with this company from my friend because he is a mechanic a lambo dealer in Las Vegas they use them because they are the best.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I think the time of the transport matters a lot with price.
The advantage of working directly with the transport company is that one individual has the insurance liability should any problems occur.

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
I've used Plycar in the past to ship coast-to-coast (Philly to San Diego). $1875 fully covered. Would use them again. No issues, speedy, and good communication. Plycar is the authorized transport co. for Tesla, Callaway, and Porsche. You can deal with them direct.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have used Numis Auto transport.. Suzanne is very good with communicating on where your car is 24/7. they will tell you exactly where your car is and give you the drivers number.. I have transported my r8, gtr, and s63 from houston to la plenty of times.. tell her i sent you!

·
Pew Pew
659 Posts
I have used Montway Auto Transport a couple of times. No problems ever. Usually 5-6 days from when picked up.

Enclosed. Cali to NJ = $1400

(224) 220-3715 [email protected]

*Edit: If you're able to meet them in a business/warehouse area where its easier for their trucks to get around, they discount you $50-$100.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Received quotes this week from Montway and Image Auto in Vegas. Kansas to Texas, $650 via Montway open trailer. $1250 Image enclosed.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I am shipping a car as well. Is it worth the extra $300 to ship it enclosed?
Any bad experiences shipping open?
Guy said he would place it on the top of the transport to avoid small rock chips and oil leaks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.