Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

The drivers side mirror on my GT-R is loose and does not automatically fold. I think the question has been asked on here before but the only answer given was take to the dealer or to the body shop. Has anyone here fixed it themselves without buying a new mirror or taking it to a shop? I would like to avoid having to buy a new mirror and possibly needing the new mirror painted. I know that some mirrors have a "break away" feature that helps reduce the changes of the mechanism from breaking if it is bumped and sometimes they need to be taken apart and put back in place. Might this be the case here?

Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had mine become loose. Got the whole driver side mirror assembly replaced under warranty.

If it wasn't under warranty it would've been about $500 plus labor. Mirror came without paint and had to be before being fitted onto my car. My tech was going to open it and see what the issue was but Nissan wanted it back in one piece...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is too bad. It would have been nice to know what the cause was. Sadly, I am pretty sure mine is out of warranty for that. The motor still makes noises as if it is stuck on something so it makes me think that it might need to be disassembled and re-aligned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.